Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

passwords-and-pins

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Never heard of it. I use 1Password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭unnamed

I haven't listened to it myself, but I believe that this show has a review of most password managers.

http://twit.tv/show/security-now/347

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Never heard of it. I use 1Password.

/attempts to login to boards using '1Password' as the password

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Never understood why people need a password manager. I have loads of different accounts and have 4 passwords. It's not that hard to remember.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Never understood why people need a password manager. I have loads of different accounts and have 4 passwords. It's not that hard to remember.

That's great until one of your accounts gets hacked and the hacker uses the same email/password combination to access your other accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That's great until one of your accounts gets hacked and the hacker uses the same email/password combination to access your other accounts.

Hasn't happened to me, hopefully it won't either. Still don't see the point. The likelyhood of that happening is slim.

It happens all the time. Most websites have crappy security. Some will even sell your details after a few years. Hackers know that people use the same password for everything which is why these details are so valuable to them.

I had my Gmail account hacked a few years ago. Like you, I was using the same few passwords for everything which is how they were able to get access to it. They tried to get into a few other accounts of mine as well, but I was quick and managed to change most of the passwords in time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have three seperate passwords. One lot for emails, one lot for websites, one lot for private/banking things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Duffff-Man wrote: »

lol well fail for you

LastPass ftw, one master password, then different long obscure 30 character random passwords for every account I have

Advertisement