Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Block!!

Options
  • 09-04-2012 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi, I have been given the task of designing a 3 page magazine article spread and my topic is shoes. The title I have chosen is Soul Mate and my Caption is what your shoes say about you...
    The problem is I need a Wow picture for the front page of the article as the photos I have taken already of a basic shoe is not cutting it..
    Any creative ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

We're not doing your homework for you!

Do 100 sketches in 100 minutes and get all the bad ideas out of your head, don't wait for the lightening bolt to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 t_dun

Not looking for someone to do my "homework" rather some ideas to spark creativity!! That is what Boards is for afterall. Thank you for your suggestion all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sneakers or shoes..?

if its Sneaker
    Check out OG able creation Osiris Troma 2s and Furtura nike dunks and then limited edition nike dunks , zoom airs ....

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Paint shoes / sneakers onto bare feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Seeing that the title is soul mate why not photo with a male and female shoe together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

t_dun wrote: »
    Hi, I have been given the task of designing a 3 page magazine article spread and my topic is shoes. The title I have chosen is Soul Mate and my Caption is what your shoes say about you...
    The problem is I need a Wow picture for the front page of the article as the photos I have taken already of a basic shoe is not cutting it..
    Any creative ideas would be greatly appreciated :D

What your shoes say about you:Caption alternative: 'Talking shoes'. 'A day in the life of a shoe'. 'Interview with a shoe'.

Imagine an interview with your own shoes / trainers write down what you think that they would say about you. Script it out, enjoy it, talk to your shoes if that helps;). think of all the good and bad things etc that your poor old shoe goes through on a daily basis.

Example: Take shoes off at night you: "Oh that feels good", Shoe: "Damn that feels good" etc script it from the shoes point of view reflecting the wearers feeling.

The main picture? Worn out shoe with the toe opened up like a mouth. A well worn shoe with a story to tell. If your brave enough and depending on the constraints of the ariticle i.e. whom it is written for then a juxtoposition of an expensive looking shoe with an open toe would be interesting as expensive shoes are discarded before they get to that point. It would make people look twice.

Advertisement