Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod Classic won't sync and crashes iTunes. Suggestions?

• 10-04-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, hopefully someone can help me!

I have a 80GB iPod classic for 3/4 years, never had any syncing issues until now that weren't fixable by a reset.

However a few days ago I was at my parents' house and charged my iPod using their computer. The first time there was the standard message "This iPod is synced with another library" etc etc but subsequently it crashed iTunes. It was recognised by the computer as a portable media device, all the normal folders were there etc.

Now that I'm with my regular laptop, I'm having the same issues but have realised that the iPod won't sync. It crashes iTunes when it's connected and when I disconnect the iPod, should iTunes works but it displays the message: "The iPod cannot be synced. The required folder could not be found"

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've tried updated my iTunes software and resetting the iPod (pushing menu and centre), but neither has had an effect.

Edit: I should add that since charging the iPod on the other computer, I have also had issues with the click wheel, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

"The iPod cannot be synced. The required folder could not be found"

Have you done a web search on that message? There seems to be discussions about it. Maybe it's having trouble pointing to your music folders, etc. Hope you find a solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Black Oil wrote: »
    "The iPod cannot be synced. The required folder could not be found"

Have you done a web search on that message? There seems to be discussions about it. Maybe it's having trouble pointing to your music folders, etc. Hope you find a solution.

Nothing really came up that matched my issues.

I'm considering restoring the iPod, can I do that without using iTunes?

Advertisement