Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schuh- 15 euros for old shoes [liffey valley]

• 10-04-2012 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭

15 euro for any unwanted pairs of shoes you hand into Schuh. (possibly only valid in the Liffey Valley branch)

Saw this today and thought it was pretty good- I can't seem to find mention of it online so the following details are from the flier I was given instore. They seem to be taking shoes of any quality, as they will either recycle or reuse the shoes.
    • In aid of New Life Foundation, a 15 euro voucher will be given for ANY pair of unwanted shoes handed in to the store.
    • Shoes should be handed in before 06.05.12.
    • You can donate as many pairs as you like, and will receive a voucher for each pair.
    • Quite a short validity period- you have until 03.06.12 to use them.
    • Can only be used against full price items over 40 euro (and the usual clause- not allowed combine offers with other in store offers.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can you take in 3 pairs of old shoes and get 45 off a new pair? Or will it only be 1 voucher per new pair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Can anybody check whether it's a store wide thing, or at least in the ones in town please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'd like to see the T&Cs for this - whats to stop you buying a €3 pair in Pennys and getting the voucher for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I think Lifestyle are doing something similar: 20% off when you do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

thanks op - vocuher valid online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Apologies, it was late last night, didn't notice where it said vouchers cannot be combined.

Now that I'm in work I'm scanning the flier and an enlarged copy of the T&C's- apologies for the grainy images, best I can do. Hope it helps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Seems to me that you could, for example, bring a child's pair of Converse sneakers that they have grown out of and get €15 off a new pair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

tallpaul wrote: »
    Seems to me that you could, for example, bring a child's pair of Converse sneakers that they have grown out of and get €15 off a new pair...
    yeah or just any old shoe that you would be throwing out either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats a pretty decent deal and the fact that the shoes are going to a worthy cause is even better.

Is it running in any other stores, can anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

* SAKE Just after giving away about 6 pairs to charity bins..... :o
    15 euro for any unwanted pairs of shoes you hand into Schuh. (possibly only valid in the Liffey Valley branch)

Saw this today and thought it was pretty good- I can't seem to find mention of it online so the following details are from the flier I was given instore. They seem to be taking shoes of any quality, as they will either recycle or reuse the shoes.
    • In aid of New Life Foundation, a 15 euro voucher will be given for ANY pair of unwanted shoes handed in to the store.
    • Shoes should be handed in before 06.05.12.
    • You can donate as many pairs as you like, and will receive a voucher for each pair.
    • Quite a short validity period- you have until 03.06.12 to use them.
    • Can only be used against full price items over 40 euro (and the usual clause- not allowed combine offers with other in store offers.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Can I bring smelly runners? Maybe I should wash them first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Is this just the Liffey Valley branch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Thread title misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Is this offer available in the limerick store does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Nobody knows if it's only Liffey Valley?

Also I have a pair of runners here, about to be chucked that are falling apart... could I go in with them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

It states that you need to bring your old pair of shoes to schuh liffey valley so would not be for all schuh shops.

Good offer though.

Im sick I just bought the missus a pair of hush puppies on the net for around 60 eur, could have just went to Schuh LV and saved a bit more.

ah well you win some you lose some.

not sure we have old shoes anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What state do the used shoes have to be in i wonder? I have a few raggy pairs of vans as well as some torn cons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Exactly. For example will they accept shoes with holes in them or is strictly useable shoes?

I would say any condition as there is s mention of recycle in the conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hous

they will accept any shoe...was in there over weekend and a guy looked like hed just bought a pair in off a tramp to get his cashback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

If you read the small print in the voucher posted earlier, it says Liffey Valley specifically :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 26 West10th

T&C as per photo

1)15 euro VOUCHER for every pair given in they CANNOT BE COMBINED

2) Liffey Valley ONLY

3) Shopes being returned as faulty or unsuitable are not eligible for this promotion

4) Must be used to purchase shoes over €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 **rainbowcake**

On the flyer it said offer applies in *Liffey Valley Only*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

How long does the voucher last for?

How long does the voucher last for?

see the first post! - 3rd june

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

West10th wrote: »

4) Must be used to purchase shoes over €40

The voucher says... Minimum spend €40 to redeem.

Would this not suggest you have to spend €40 so shoes must be at least €55?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

PopTarts wrote: »
    The voucher says... Minimum spend €40 to redeem.

Would this not suggest you have to spend €40 so shoes must be at least €55?

No, I bought a pair of Cons priced at €46 and got them for €31.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Great offer going do this tomorro, can i bring in two pairs and get two 15 voucher?? And then use two vouchers in one purchase or have to use two in seperate purchases????

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Opps cannot be combined, just read it...My Bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 clarus

Is this offer still on does anybody know. Was in there today but didn't see any sign of any offers ?
    Sorry edited as I just noticed it finished on the 6th

Advertisement