Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need detailing recommendation

• 10-04-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Got my new car about a month ago,
    Silver metallic a4.
    The cars in great nick, inside is like new and overall the paint is still decent, but there's small scuffs and scratches on the back bumper and i want them gone! And I'd just like a professional job done as i have no clue or skills with this stuff! Is there anyone you lads could recommend?
    I'm in wexford so don't want to go too far.
    Also how long does this stuff take? I'd imagine over night? And what sort of price should I be expecting??
    Sorry for the vague description!
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It really depends how bad the scratches are, and if they'll come out or will the bumper need repainting.

Cleancar.ie are in new Ross, but also have a mobile service as you can see here

http://www.cleancar.ie/services.html

Depending on what sort of work you want done, it can take 1-2 days, and of course the price will vary depending on the work too. Top range would be a few hundred, but it's best to call for a quote anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

It really depends how bad the scratches are, and if they'll come out or will the bumper need repainting.

Depending on what sort of work you want done, it can take 1-2 days, and of course the price will vary depending on the work too. Top range would be a few hundred, but it's best to call for a quote anyway.

That is really helpful thank you!
    I'll give them a call :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

gollywog wrote: »

They have several options of finish etc. so most likely differing prices as well.

Great guys to deal with.

vectra wrote: »

They have several options of finish etc. so most likely differing prices as well.

Great guys to deal with.

Yes ice text him but will give him a call around midday. I can't believe there so close by, i never knew they were in new Ross! Very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Larry CC

vectra wrote: »

Great guys to deal with.

Thanks for the referral guys

Much appreciated

Cheers
    Larry ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Larry CC wrote: »
    Thanks for the referral guys

Much appreciated

Cheers
    Larry ;)

Larry, if you want to advertise you have to pay like every other advertiser on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Antiprophet

Larry, if you want to advertise you have to pay like every other advertiser on boards.

Didn't seem like an advert to me, seemed that someone accepted a well suited recommendation gracefully...

power-trip.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Cleancar.ie FTW, Larry not only does top notch work, but also sells all the (also top class) products he uses. Have had the car done a couple of times there, and bought the works to do it myself too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Didn't seem like an advert to me, seemed that someone accepted a well suited recommendation gracefully...

power-trip.jpg

Take a week off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mclovin442

Dear sir Limerick man.

You are a moderator on this site so, assuming this, you must have some level of intelligence. At what point does accepting recommendation account as advertising?? Obviously since you are not aware I shall help you out with a quick definition : Advertising is "the non-personal communication of information usually paid for & usually persuasive in nature, about products (goods & services) or ideas by identified sponsor through various media".

With regards
    Mclovin442

• Advertisement

mclovin442 wrote: »
    Dear sir Limerick man.

You are a moderator on this site so, assuming this, you must have some level of intelligence. At what point does accepting recommendation account as advertising?? Obviously since you are not aware I shall help you out with a quick definition : Advertising is "the non-personal communication of information usually paid for & usually persuasive in nature, about products (goods & services) or ideas by identified sponsor through various media".

With regards
    Mclovin442

And for yourself aswell, a week again.

Didn't mean to cause hassle sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mclovin443

Those three guys were such jerks and deserved to be banned. Clearly they were in the wrong and I on behalf of boards.ie would just like to thank Limerick man for his service to the cause. It is people like you that allow us to have an internet free of back chat, cheekiness and accusations of a powertrip which are all highly unnecessary. In my opinion the word hero is used all too often but you sir, you are a real hero.

Didn't mean to cause hassle sorry

Not your fault fella
    mclovin443 wrote: »
    Those three guys were such jerks and deserved to be banned. Clearly they were in the wrong and I on behalf of boards.ie would just like to thank Limerick man for his service to the cause. It is people like you that allow us to have an internet free of back chat, cheekiness and accusations of a powertrip which are all highly unnecessary. In my opinion the word hero is used all too often but you sir, you are a real hero.

And again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mclovin442 sitebanned for a month for using a re-reg to circumvent a forum ban.
    mclovin443 permabanned.

Advertisement