Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainers.

Options
  • 10-04-2012 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭

Just one thing that bothered me from time to time.

With Level 5 facilities you have 30 slots so until recently, in an effort to keep costs low, i employed the bare minimum 5 trainers.

Depending on what positions i was training
    I've had 3 attack and 2 Defence. (trainees had high stamina to start with)
    I've had 3 defence and 2 attack. (trainees had high stamina to start with)
    And i've had 2 attack, 2 defence and 1 stamina.

Always seemed to be short a defence session but then a month later i'd have a look at the progress and wish i had another attack slot available.:mad:

Anyway, which do you find most workable or do you forget about costs and employ as many as needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

corny wrote: »
    Just one thing that bothered me from time to time.

With Level 5 facilities you have 30 slots so until recently, in an effort to keep costs low, i employed the bare minimum 5 trainers.

Depending on what positions i was training
    I've had 3 attack and 2 Defence. (trainees had high stamina to start with)
    I've had 3 defence and 2 attack. (trainees had high stamina to start with)
    And i've had 2 attack, 2 defence and 1 stamina.

Always seemed to be short a defence session but then a month later i'd have a look at the progress and wish i had another attack slot available.:mad:

Anyway, which do you find most workable or do you forget about costs and employ as many as needed?

I employ and have done for a while 3 attack, 2 defence 1 stamina and 1 kicking.

Thinking of cutting back on the attack coach as focusing on forwards training at the moment.

it's a pain you need more coaches slots than training slots as seems inefficient but can't see any other way of having enough of a range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ive 2 attack, 2 defence and 1 stamina.

gives exactly 30 slots so no wastage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    I employ and have done for a while 3 attack, 2 defence 1 stamina and 1 kicking.

3 attack seems a bit excessive while still having the 2 defence. Means at least one of those coaches is going to have nothing to do.

I run a similar ship

1 attack lvl 4
    1 attack lvl 3
    1 defense lvl 4
    1 defense lvl 3
    1 fitness lvl 2
    1 kicking lvl 2

May improve the two lvl 2 lads. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Same as js I've had 2 attack, 2 defense and 1 stamina for a while now.

This has basically allowed me to train 2 trainees with no compromise in what I wish to train as well as a 3rd trainee who's schedule might have to be compromised a bit from the ideal due to whatever training slots are left.

Even still the 3rd trainee gets probably 80-90% of the sessions I want to give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

2 Lvl 5 Attack
    2 Lvl 5 Defence
    1 Lvl 5 Fitness
    1 Lvl 4 Kicking

Strangely I have 3 mil in the bank as I tend to buy young and then sell after a few seasons - with IGT a decent 17 year old will be over 50k CSR by the time he is 25 or 26 and some people will spend crazy money on these players.

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    3 attack seems a bit excessive while still having the 2 defence. Means at least one of those coaches is going to have nothing to do.

I run a similar ship

1 attack lvl 4
    1 attack lvl 3
    1 defense lvl 4
    1 defense lvl 3
    1 fitness lvl 2
    1 kicking lvl 2

May improve the two lvl 2 lads. Maybe.

probably is now, but used them all when training a few backs. then needed new defense coach as started on forwards and never got rid of attack. should do shouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ya probably. Especially if they're level 5. Dunno how much that costs, but I bet lots. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Ya probably. Especially if they're level 5. Dunno how much that costs, but I bet lots. :)

One level 5 trainer will cost you 180,000 a season! Lot of money if he's not used for all 6 sessions.

corny wrote: »
    One level 5 trainer will cost you 180,000 a season! Lot of money if he's not used for all 6 sessions.

:eek: 180,000... suppose it is since it's 12k a week or something. best get on the firing bus!:o

Good man for starting the thread Corny - never realised the excess I was losing!
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Jesus...

I am losing 92K a week at the moment, I wouldn't be able to afford a excess lvl5 coaches at the moment.(Currently over stocked up on the playing staff while I am in the cup... many of them know their days are numbered ;) )

My current coaches set up is 2 X lvl4 Attack, 1 X lvl5 & 1 X lvl4 Defense, and 1 lvl 4 stamina coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 xiron

hi all

just to confirm; one needs, as an example, a level 5 facility to get the full benefit of a level 5 trainer or would there be any benefit in having the trainer but a lower level facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

You need level 5 trainer + facility in order to get level 5 benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xiron

Zagato wrote: »
    You need level 5 trainer + facility in order to get level 5 benefit

thanks

Advertisement