Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update the iOS of my iPod touch

• 10-04-2012 3:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

If I update the iOS software version of my iPod touch through my pc, will I loose all of my music on my iPod touch? The iOS I have is 4.3.2. Is there a newer update available?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭sonyvision

teednab-el wrote: »
    If I update the iOS software version of my iPod touch through my pc, will I loose all of my music on my iPod touch? The iOS I have is 4.3.2. Is their a newer update available?

I have an ipod touch, always updated it when 1 was available never lost a thing, just make sure your the songs in your ipod are the same as the 1s in your intunes I would believe,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What gen Ipod is it and unless you used a different pc when you last synced you won't lose any songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The Ipod touch I have is the 4th gen one. I have already iTunes installed on pc and set up my iPod touch through iTunes on the pc but since then I have purchased songs through iTunes on the iPod touch and not on pc. So now I'm just wondering when I update my iPod touch through the pc will I loose all of these songs stored on the ipod touch? Just making sure before I do something I regret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

If the music was bought on iTunes you're fine.
    Just plug in the iPod and, in iTunes, right-click it in the left sidebar and chose Backup.
    When thats done update the iPod and let it do its thing. iTunes will ask if you want to set it up as new or restore it from a backup.
    Chose the backup you've just done and it will transfer everything bak onto your iPod.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Just plug in the iPod and, in iTunes, right-click it in the left sidebar and chose Backup.
    When thats done update the iPod and let it do its thing. iTunes will ask if you want to set it up as new or restore it from a backup.
    Chose the backup you've just done and it will transfer everything bak onto your iPod.

Deadly I will do that. Cheers everyone here for advice and tips.

• Advertisement

bertie4evr wrote: »

Ok I tried that this evening on my pc but my pc is acting up and an error comes up saying that it can't back up iPod touch but if I continue with the update, I will loose everything so I can't do that. I think the problem is with my pc. It's a pile of **** I think it has a usb power glitch. Anyway I have a new laptop that doesn't have iTunes installed. Can I install itunes on this laptop and transfer purchases and library to this laptop from the iPod touch or will I loose everything? I have an itunes account i was thinking if i logged in under my username i shouldnt loose my purchases could I? Im fed up with my own pc at the moment.

If you sync with the laptop everything will be lost. Luckily there's a program called sharepod. Get that and transfer all the songs on the iPod to the laptop and restore.

I think you might be able to do a backup even if it was synced with a different library. I was able to do it with my dads iPhone using my laptop but he had no music on it

guil wrote: »
    If you sync with the laptop everything will be lost. Luckily there's a program called sharepod. Get that and transfer all the songs on the iPod to the laptop and restore.

I think you might be able to do a backup even if it was synced with a different library. I was able to do it with my dads iPhone using my laptop but he had no music on it

Cheers, I will get sharepod and try it. Just wondering I have a itunes account, could I just transfer all music files to ICloud and back to ipod touch again? I was thinking that I wouldnt be able to do that as Itunes would sync with ipod touch when plugged in and there would be no music files on itunes on the laptop to send to icloud in the first place unless its possible to bypass itunes on laptop and sent music files from ipod touch to Icloud and store files there. Again I am open to correction on this.

You can only use iCloud for songs purchased in iTunes. Use share pod to get a copy of everything in a folder and then try backup the iPod and then restore it. Even if your songs are missing you have a copy of them all from share pod so just copy them to itunes

guil wrote: »
    You can only use iCloud for songs purchased in iTunes. Use share pod to get a copy of everything in a folder and then try backup the iPod and then restore it. Even if your songs are missing you have a copy of them all from share pod so just copy them to itunes

done that and it worked. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement