Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Submission of Assignment

Options
  • 10-04-2012 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So I've been working on a paper for a week straight and it's due in at 5pm today and I STILL haven't got it done! :( Am I right in understanding that if the paper is submitted tomorrow, the most marks I can get is an A-? (Which I would be PERFECTLY happy with considering its worth 45%! :P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

If you hand it in a up to a week late the mark your mark is deducted 2 grades. So if you get an A the mark you are given is a B+. Up to 2 weeks late and its reduced by four grades. After that you can't submit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

Perfect, thank you! Hopefully I'll have it finished tonight and not two weeks away! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

If you miss the deadline by a day then I wouldn't bother submitting it the next day, make use of the full week to go over the paper a few more times to improve it as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

Just make sure the lecturer or whoever is in charge will accept late submissions. I know in my course some lecturers will accept late submissions and others wont. Also, it might be no harm to ask for an extension if youre only going to go over by a few hours / a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭JaneLane

I've checked in the module handbook and they accept late submissions but don't give out extentions... (??!!) So it doesn't matter if I hand it in tomorrow or next Tuesday, its still going to be the same deducted mark?

• Advertisement
Advertisement