Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine Management Light

• 10-04-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice here and have searched the forum for similar questions in the past.

Car went for NCT the friday before last. Failed due to wishbone bushes. Grand. However, noticed coming out of the NCT centre that the EML came on the dashboard. Never had a problem with it before. It appeared that it came on due to the NCT test. Wasnt there before the NCT, appeared immediately after. There was no noticeable issue while driving home and none while driving to the mechanic.

Friend is a mechanic (Home is a good distance away) and dropped it to him this weekend - fixed the wishbones bushes, gave it a full service and couldnt understand why the EML had come on. (Im a complete novice re cars and I should have asked about the codes that it had returned) He said that the engine was in perfect nick and "quenched the light" - maybe he unplugged the battery. I'll ask.

Driving a good bit at the weekend, over 250 km maybe, no EML. NCT retest due for this saturday, but yesterday the EML re-appeared again. Given that it would cause an awful lot of hassle to go back to the same mechanic again, and that the car has just been serviced, would you recommend doing the NCT with the EML on, postpone the NCT retest maybe, go to a different mechanic before the test (will require time off work that might be tricky)?

Any advice would be taken on board, and thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Car will not fail test because EML is on. My car passed recently with the light on. An NCT tester confirmed to me it was no issue beforehand when I was getting my father's car tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

As above, its not a fail point for the NCT.

I don't understand how your mechanic couldn't tell you what cause the light if he was able to switch it off?

What type of can and engine is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

Skoda Fabia 1.2l.

Yeah. I will be asking him today for the full information on the EML. I wasnt aware that it was a code (i dont know much about cars in general) but he said that it was sorted. I suppose its not that he couldnt tell me, he didnt tell me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thread moved to Motors

Advertisement