Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a lawnmower blade sharpened?

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:30am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew where to get lawnmower blades sharpened around town?

Thanks,
    Kieran.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Just wondering if anyone knew where to get lawnmower blades sharpened around town?

Thanks,
    Kieran.
    I'm fairly sure that Ardkeen Hire, across from the main entrance to the park will sharpen lawnmover blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Thanks,
    Kieran.

New place opened beside tesco poleberry, we're Tom Dale car sales used to be.
    Got my mower serviced there last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaking of this sort of thing does anyone know of anywhere that does general blade sharpening? I've got pair of hand held garden trimmers that are pretty blunt. If they can be sharpened I'd sooner do that than replace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

sixteen spanner probably left hand thread and a grinding stone three minute job, ps keep the air filter high when you turn the lawnmower on its side.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks for the replies.

I've no excuse now not to get the grass cut!

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A quick spray of Roundup also works! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Did you look at Sharpen Up never used them but always passing the van
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sharpen-Up/105390859503452

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

the ise forest and garden store do all this type of thing. stores all over the place. there are a list on www.chainsaw.ie you can call them. they did hedge clippers and a chainsaw for me. and them a few months slater they did a lawnmower and a long reach sheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭cbl593h

Durands yard................:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Pierce Hire on the Cork road would do it, There is also a Tennyson fella in Piltown village in Co. Kilkenny. There is a polish chap in Slieverue, Co. Kilkenny that is very gtood at this sort of thing. He used to be based half way up the Rockshire hill in Ferrybank. Ardkeen Hire accross from the main enterance from the park as already mentioned in this forum would also do a good job.
    I've noticed that new Husqvarna centre at the old Tom Dale Car Sales site in Poleberry, what the story with that place, anyone been in there yet? Whats his prices like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 progarden

Username99 wrote: »
    Pierce Hire on the Cork road would do it, There is also a Tennyson fella in Piltown village in Co. Kilkenny. There is a polish chap in Slieverue, Co. Kilkenny that is very gtood at this sort of thing. He used to be based half way up the Rockshire hill in Ferrybank. Ardkeen Hire accross from the main enterance from the park as already mentioned in this forum would also do a good job.
    I've noticed that new Husqvarna centre at the old Tom Dale Car Sales site in Poleberry, what the story with that place, anyone been in there yet? Whats his prices like?

I got a mower there recently, what a place. Had to be the best Lawnmower or chainsaw store I ever saw. Got a front rider husqvarna, I had rang 6 husqvarna stores, he was equal best price and had it in stock, i called in, thought from how nice the place was that it would be mad expensive but it wasn't. I did the deal, it was delivered that evening and I got at least an hours training in my own garden. Impressed to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Fella down in Tramore Road Business Park, down past Sienna furniture, did a great job on mine there last week. Lawnmower had been stored incorrectly and petrol had leaked out down through the engine. Had the lawnmower cleaned, filter changes, blade sharpened, full service, €40. Droopped it in on a Wednesday lunctime, got a phonecall Friday morning to say it was ready to be collected.

Advertisement