Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction work in canada

Options
  • 10-04-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

As a 39 year old construction worker ,what would be the first step if i try to go to canada ?Was thinking of going to st.albert in Alberta where i have a many relatives who are actually canadians citizens...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think the only real option for you is to find a company who will give you a job offer and then process a Work Permit for you.
    (assuming your job is on NOC Skills List)
    Maybe ask your relations for help finding this in Edmonton, or have a look at companies in Saskatchewan as that seems to be where a lot of people are finding work.

Might even be worth a holiday out to Canada to try and find an employer. It won't be easy to do, but it is possible to find a company. You may have to look to some of the companies further North in the Oil Sands. These companies find it harder to get / keep workers so they may be willing to go through the sponsorship process.

Advertisement