Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks Best Pubs & Clubs

Options
  • 10-04-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi I have a quick quiz regarding Corks best pubs & Clubs....
    What is Corks best

Nightclub
    Sports Bar
    Strip Club

And also are the dogs far from the city? and worth a visit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Nightclub-bowery, Sports bar- Woolshed, Strip Club...think there's only secrets?! But I'm a girl so wouldn't know much about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mightymouse11

thanks for replying.....have you done the Realm thing..think it is some haunted show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

There are two strip clubs. Look through the threads and there is one on the next page Cork Stag. Most of what you want to know is on that.
    The realm was only there for Halloween. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

night club depends on your age and the night you're going out

sports bar probably the woolshed(as said above), soho isn't bad nor is door 51

strip club, theres only 2, secrets and great escape. both are fairly poor but they're practically next to each other so you could check out both i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

The best pub in Cork is undoubtedly The Liberty Bar on South Main St. It's currently undergoing renovation but should be re-opening very, very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

byronbay2 wrote: »
    The best pub in Cork is undoubtedly The Liberty Bar on South Main St. It's currently undergoing renovation but should be re-opening very, very soon.

I go there for the odd pint but its no where near Corks best pub though it adds to the overall choice and flavour. Its main bad points would be its a sausage fest and its only got 2 or 3 drinks on tap.

Depending on the mood the raven, the slate, the bierhaus, the oval, the mutton lane inn, sin e, fionnbarras (on way from the cross to town), bar bua, the hi B are all good.

Best sports bar - the mardyke has a nice big screen and pool / snooker tables. Soho has plenty of tvs and you can get a meal while watching a match, clancys is similar but quiter and more reserved - easier to get a table at the drop of a hat though.

Night club depends on age. Bowery above the slate is probably the in place at moment, go there or bodega or late night bar normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

byronbay2 wrote: »

The Liberty hasn't been open in about 12 years!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Liberty hasn't been open in about 12 years!

I've never heard of it, nor has my boyfriend. Where exactly is it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Faith wrote: »

Ask Balmed Out, he goes there for the odd pint :pac:

Faith wrote: »

It was on South Main Street - across the road from the Classic.
    Twas an alternative/punk/oddball/underage(in the early days)/auld fella's pub usually with The Ramones/Golden Horde/Sultans blaring through a really crappy stereo (except when Coronation Street was on) and plastic 2 litre bottles of cider on most tables. Mick has been about to reopen for about ten years now.
    Ahhh happy days!:cool:

• Advertisement

Oops got it mixed up with the castle.
    The liberty closed after a woman was killed by falling roof tiles one christmas. The place only sold cans from what i remember. Used to be frequented by the frank and walters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

What's the name of the bar opposite the mad shop on North Main Street?
    A buddy was telling me it's supposed to be great spot, recently done up or something.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Oops got it mixed up with the castle.
    The liberty closed after a woman was killed by falling roof tiles one christmas. The place only sold cans from what i remember. Used to be frequented by the frank and walters....and The Sultans of Ping F.C./The Sultans

That sad incident had nothing to do with The Liberty closing - he along with many other property owners had to do structural repairs after that but the bar closing was to do with Mick purchasing the building next door and embarking of the longest refurb/rebuild known to man. Jeez the court house was done up quicker.

It was a building collapsing on Washington Street that killed that person - not roof tiles from the Liberty or anywhere else.

That sad incident had nothing to do with The Liberty closing - he along with many other property owners had to do structural repairs after that but the bar remained open for a few years after that.

It was a building collapsing on Washington Street that killed that person - not roof tiles from the Liberty or anywhere else.

I know it was washington street and not the liberty but I thought that after that happened they inspected other buildings and the one with the liberty had to be knocked or renovated and the pub wasnt open again??

I can barely remember the pub other then you drank from cans and the furniture was like stuff in a community hall rather then a pub. Was more a Jack plugs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Think it was actually the church on Wash St./Grand Parade where the stones fell off and killed someone. Lot of buildings around that area are very old.

There was another incident about year and a half ago with the building next to (or close to) the Roundy where they were doing repairs but it fell down and crushed some cars on the street below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

54kroc wrote: »
    What's the name of the bar opposite the mad shop on North Main Street?
    A buddy was telling me it's supposed to be great spot, recently done up or something.

The Vicarstown isn't it.

Advertisement