Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where To Get Broken Laptop Screen Fixed

Options
  • 10-04-2012 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I've broken my laptop screen. Can anyone advise me about where I can get it fixed and how much it would cost to do so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

What make is it? im no diy guru but I've replaced a dell and Toshiba myself. got the part off ebay and found how to do it on YouTube. its just a few screws and wires. make sure you get the right screen tho. i took it apart first to see what it looked like. screen was around €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Thanks, Joe. It's a 15 inch Compaq.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Cant see ye having much trouble with it. someone with a bit more IT knowledge might back me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

My friend got hers fixed from this place, and they were very good. Will even arrange for collection if you need to and drop it back http://www.brokenscreen.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

There's a chap on Adverts selling laptop screens at a good price, do it yourself and you'd save a nice few bob, have a look at a few youtube videos to see how it's done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I got the screen on an ipad replaced by a shop in douglas. It's behind dinos, up the stairs. Can't for the life of me remember the name of the place, but they were fast and the cheapest I found at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Milly33 wrote: »
    My friend got hers fixed from this place, and they were very good. Will even arrange for collection if you need to and drop it back http://www.brokenscreen.ie/

Id second this, they are based in town between the roundy and north main street and trade there as cartridge kiosk doing ink, repairs and laptop chargers. About two years ago my screen broke and they were nearly half the price of any where else.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

Thanks to everyone who replied. I contacted a friend of mine whose son is a bit of an IT whizz kid and he's going to get a screen and replace it for me. He reckons it'll cost less than €80 altogether to replace it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Id second this, they are based in town between the roundy and north main street and trade there as cartridge kiosk doing ink, repairs and laptop chargers. About two years ago my screen broke and they were nearly half the price of any where else.

I third these guys for what it's worth OP

Advertisement