Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our new Website

Options
  • 10-04-2012 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

We have set up a new website with our own forums etc.
    the name cry havoc is being used as a place holder until the new clan name is decided.
    the address is http://www.clanname.enjin.com (this will also change with a new name)
    feedback and suggestions on the new forum

pls use your ingame name to reg.
    you dont need to fill up the recruitment form. just reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

As this whole change around would technically be akin to a re-branding, I think some more thought should be put into a few basics:

Colours (max 2 or 3 to be used on any clan related stuff)
    Logo - IMO taking a picture from google is not good enough. This will be one of the first things anyone notices about the clan, and therefore needs to be original, and representative.
    Font / typeface - this is also something else that should be consistent.

Using those elements, people would then be free to create their own graphics / banners etc etc but at least they would all be recognisable as being from the clan.

You might think this is being anal, but there's no sense doing all of this if its not done properly imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

As this whole change around would technically be akin to a re-branding, I think some more thought should be put into a few basics:

Colours (max 2 or 3 to be used on any clan related stuff)
    Logo - IMO taking a picture from google is not good enough. This will be one of the first things anyone notices about the clan, and therefore needs to be original, and representative.
    Font / typeface - this is also something else that should be consistent.

Using those elements, people would then be free to create their own graphics / banners etc etc but at least they would all be recognisable as being from the clan.

You might think this is being anal, but there's no sense doing all of this if its not done properly imo.

The colours are decided by what theme we pick.
    Logo has yet to be decided ( yes i like your new one, but it needs to be cleaner)
    the rest is really all down to what name we pick for the clan. Noting will happen while we hold land in Africa though and until we are are kicked off, we have the time to create original banners etc.

the general consensus is having and irish themed logo to reflect the clans origins and a common clan name

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    The colours are decided by what theme we pick.
    Logo has yet to be decided ( yes i like your new one, but it needs to be cleaner)
    the rest is really all down to what name we pick for the clan. Noting will happen while we hold land in Africa though and until we are are kicked off, we have the time to create original banners etc.

the general consensus is having and irish themed logo to reflect the clans origins and a common clan name

I know nothing has been decided, I was merely throwing out some points that IMO should be considered when it is all decided upon.

After all, image is everything, and consistency is important. i.e If say Green & Black were decided - exactly WHAT green? The exact colours and fonts etc could then be provided for anyone who wishes to create their own artwork from.

Plus - there really would be no harm in trying to have all of that sorted out before the time to change everything comes. At least then all the logo's banners etc could be right there, ready to use as soon as the change comes about.

The entire swap could be done overnight in one swoop, rather than in dribs and drabs if ya get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Its not fecking Coca Cola we are re-branding :P,
    maybe once name is agreed you can help frag on the gfx side Dub as i know its a talent of yours ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    maybe once name is agreed you can help frag on the gfx side Dub as i know its a talent of yours ?
    Correct it is something more valuable ;)

• Advertisement

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Nody wrote: »
    Correct it is something more valuable ;)

I'm a firm believer that if you're gonna do something, do it right. And if there's an opportunity here to make the clan at least look like a more professional outfit, then we should grab the bull by the horns and do it.

If we had people creating different banners and images, with different colours and logo's, and posting around the place we'd end up looking like some 12 year olds WoW guild that they think is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The new name first is what's needed, that gives us the direction for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

We will look at plenty of options for Pics and names and all the rest, I am sure between the DCs we can get something everyone likes.

I have posted up a number of PICs i got on the net and am getting a lot of good feedback, we currently have 1 of them as a temp logo. if anyone finds a nice pic please pass it on for consideration. It is quit easy to edit photos to make them even more suitable to our needs so there is no probs there. All images need min detail yet be clear so it can be made out, Little bit of Irish connection to show where majority of the founders of our new clan comes from ;):D

Beware that the background must be transparent, or there'll be a white or black square painted on all of the tanks and on the map etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

GET YOUR BUTT OVER AND SIGN UP if you haven't done so.

87 members in Clan, only 37 member joined.

You need to be on this forum for WOT clan war information. It will stop being posted in here soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Beware that the background must be transparent, or there'll be a white or black square painted on all of the tanks and on the map etc

80b12.png

I know, i use tool to edit every thing i do.

Advertisement