Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Kitchen Tap

• 10-04-2012 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

I have a mixer tap in the kitchen that is leaking badly and am looking to replace it.

However, the house is very old and there are no water shut off valves anywhere near the taps. The hot water tap comes in from behind a wall and then down from the top floor but the cold (drinking) water comes up from the floor.

I have turned off all the shut offs from the boiler to try and turn off the hot water from the tap but none stopped the flow. There is one pipe coming out of the boiler which feels hot with no shut off valve so I suspect that's the one.

What would be the best course of action to replace the tap?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Re the hot tap,either empty the header tank in the attic,or see if there is a stop valve between the header tank and the hot water cylinder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Thanks. Any idea for the cold one?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

pipe freeze is the best job. freezes the pipe for 20 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Does Pipe freeze work for plastic pipes?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Thanks. Any idea for the cold one?
    Find the stop valve at the gate/road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement