Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check in staff dont show for work in airport

Options
  • 10-04-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

A relation of mine was flying back from London on Monday and her flight was delayed by over 2 hours .The reason ? The pilot informed everyone on board that the reason was that the check in staff never showed for work that morning . What an impression to make on our holiday makers ..:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

must have been some weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭decies

Hope they were all sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Aer Arann?

I was flying with Aer Lingus once and the guy came on the tannoy and said "we apologise for the delay in flight 123, this is because the cabin crew have decided to have something to eat"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

decies wrote: »
    Hope they were all sacked

.... at least given final warning. Its amazing how quickly people with jobs forget how lucky they are to be employed. On saying that, there might be a genuine reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Strange as I was out in the Airport yesterday and there was no flight delayed for over 2 hours so straight away the information you have is wrong and two there could be another reason as to why there was a delay and the Pilot has to blame something. So no need to blame someone or a group of people unless you have all the facts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

shanemul wrote: »
    Strange as I was out in the Airport yesterday and there was no flight delayed for over 2 hours so straight away the information you have is wrong and two there could be another reason as to why there was a delay and the Pilot has to blame something. So no need to blame someone or a group of people unless you have all the facts
    The OP never says that it was Waterford Airport. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭jimmyging

unfortunately much and all as i would like to think otherwise they are they facts ...

The OP never says that it was Waterford Airport. :pac:

Why then would you post in the Waterford Forum if its not about Waterford Airport!!!!!!

and yes it was Waterford Airport the Southend Flight if you want to check the facts

Oh I have and I know there was no 2 hour delay yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

shanemul wrote: »
    Oh I have and I know there was no 2 hour delay yesterday

Was there perhaps a delay of less then two hours?

yes but no where near 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

how long was it?

I can't imagine the pilot making that up though. Like if he wanted a bull excuse surely plane maintenance would be easy and not paint his co-workers in a bad light, ya know?

discussing how long the delay was is just being pedantic here . The kernel of the story here is that congratulations are due to the check in staff of Waterford Airport for reinforcing the image of the stereotypical paddy to any English holidaymakers coming over here..

jimmyging wrote: »
    discussing how long the delay was is just being pedantic here . The kernel of the story here is that congratulations are due to the check in staff of Waterford Airport for reinforcing the image of the stereotypical paddy to any English holidaymakers coming over here..

Hold on there as you don't know why the stay weren't there all your doing is creating mindless speculation so until you can prove 100% why they weren't there I think it's best you retract your part of your argument oh and the delay was 45 minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

45 minutes is still pretty poor imo. To be honest we dont know the full story or how the airport operates, a formal complaint should be made to the airport if this is what really did happen and that is what the pilot really did say.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

John's Park International Airport... ya have to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

TheGormog wrote: »
    John's Park International Airport... ya have to love it.

Nah it's in Tramore, lets move it to the county section :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

It happened on sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I love Aer Arann pilots, they at least seem to have a sense of humor. On my last flight back from Birmingham the pilot introduced his first officer before telling us that he'll be a fully qualified pilot shortly. However, he wouldn't be flying tonight as the captain said he would like to get home some time this week. Priceless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I love Aer Arann pilots, they at least seem to have a sense of humor. On my last flight back from Birmingham the pilot introduced his first officer before telling us that he'll be a fully qualified pilot shortly. However, he wouldn't be flying tonight as the captain said he would like to get home some time this week. Priceless.

always thought Virgin airlines have the right idea, safety briefing includes such crackers as

" your lifejacket has a light and whistle for attracting sharks. When bitten you will need to use this tube to re-inflate your lifejacket"

stuff like this makes people pay attention more imho

Advertisement