Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what broadband to get???

• 10-04-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

I have been told that UPC is not available in my area (Dublin city centre :confused:) and that they have no plans to expand.. so does anybody have any broadband recommendations as an alternative?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Strange you can't get UPC there. If you are in the city centre I would imagine you are on a smarttelecom LLU exchange. They do upto 24mb for around 30 a month including line rental and 350Gb cap afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GroeneThee

I live in the city centre as well and also cannot get upc. Last September I got a letter from them saying that they were upgrading my area to broadband. 5 months on I still haven't got broadband, due to a SHORT delay, as they say, because of some unforseen cable routing difficulties...My whole street has upc broadband, except my house and the 3 adjecent ones...How difficult can cable routing issues be that it takes nearly half a year to cover 30 metres of street? The houses right opposite of my house do have broadband from upc - guess there were no cable routing difficulties there...

Advertisement