Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diff mobo for same or less

Options
  • 10-04-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

ordering today lads but the ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 is out of stock on HWS. any other mobos for the same or less price? will be oc'ing don't need sli obviously.

siting here waiting to order but don't know what mobo to choose

cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

you've no choice but to go more expensive.
    this is the next one up that's in stock.

what kind of overclocks are you hoping to achieve? what cooler do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=57527&agid=1603 that one will b in stock tomorrow and its about the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    you've no choice but to go more expensive.
    this is the next one up that's in stock.

what kind of overclocks are you hoping to achieve? what cooler do you have?

Will be trying an oc on a 2500k. Skythe mugen heatsink. will also try oc a 7970

Cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

id go for the asus m5a99x evo board m8

m5a99x evo with silent square evo cooler

• Advertisement

m5a99x evo with silent square evo cooler
    please don't give advice when you don't know what you're taking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

darego wrote: »
    ordering today lads but the ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 is out of stock on HWS. any other mobos for the same or less price? will be oc'ing don't need sli obviously.

siting here waiting to order but don't know what mobo to choose

cheers!!

It's a good thing it is out of stock. Badly designed board. Wish I had gotten a different one now. That one Tea_Bag recommend looks good. At least the boards power socket is in a sensible position

i wasent giveing you advice, i dont realy care what board you get get ya dick

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dhplayer

For extra €10 you can get this ASUS z68 board.
    http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=49604&agid=1601

From any advice I have got and read go for Asus over asrock and gigabyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Chill out, he was just trying to say that the Motherboard has to be Intel, socket 1155 to be exact. You recommended an AMD Am3 board, which wouldn't be compatible. This is just the internet, after all.

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to be a Dick, but you're recommending an AMD board. what if the OP didn't know that, and buys it on your advice.

oh ok no worries, all im saying is this is a good board,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. This is not the first time you've posted wildly incorrectly either. Please check your facts before you wade in with rage and insults! :eek:

whats it got to do wit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

whats it got to do wit you?

Troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Then why post at all, you suggested an am3 board when he's getting a 1155 processor. Also you suggested a cooler that is highly outdated. Then when someone points out you clearly haven't a clue what your talking about you get agro, I'm guessing you're a troll?

Advertisement