Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for best facial skin care products.

• 10-04-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm coming up on 30 (aaaahhhhh! ;) ) so I'm looking for the best skincare products available. I had been using decleor Iv noticed since I stopped using it my chin acne has cleared up though!

I have combination skin so I'm looking for the best all round face care. So any recommendations. I know I can't stop the aging process but maybe hopefully slow it down :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I'm in my early 30's and I like Clarins products and find they balance my skin out really well. I use different cleansers and moisturisers at different times of year - richer ones when it's colder and lighter ones when the weather's a bit warmer. If I was looking for something new I'd ask for a week's worth of samples, it takes at least 4-5 days before my skin starts reacting (not allergic reaction) to different products eg flaking/clogging.

The best advice I've heard re anti-ageing is to wear SPF and prevent skin damage from the sun instead of letting it happen and trying to tackle the damage! I like the Pro-Activ and La Roche Posay SPFs. I find any others clog up my pores and cause breakouts. I've tried so many brands at this stage, everything from cheap and cheerful to most of the counters in Brown Thomas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I tried samples of revives skincare before and it as phenonomenal. It consistently gets great reviews online

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭the optimist

I went for a facial a few months ago because my skin got very bad. Red, blotchy and sore. She used Dermalogical products and it was an instant improvement. I ordered them online and havent looked back. my skin is so much better the redness is completely gone and my face is much clearer with no blemishes or spots. the products are expensive though but I dont order all together. Best facial and advice I have ever received, Im 35 so I suppose it was time to do more than oil of olay.... I think it depends on what suits you best. My skin is very sensitive and i think this is all i can use.. Good luck with finding the right product..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am the same age and I love the La Roche Posay face wash,scrub and moisturiser and Clinique make up.
    I don't wear make up often though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

I tried dermalogica and it really dried out my cheeks. I must admit I wear make up every day for work and probably my own insecurities :) hence the reason i really really should use the best possible for my skin. I'm not really givin it any time to breath!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

you may like the liz Earle range, I really like their 3 step skin care regime and its packed with natural herbs and botanicals

http://ie.lizearle.com/cleanse-tone-moisturise.html

the range wins loads of skin care awards!!

I also love clinque clarifying lotion no.2 for a chemical exfoliant and deep clean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

The No 7 in Boots skin care range is really good, caters for all skin types and they've just brought out a whole new range. I would really recommend these and 7.50euro off vouchers are so frequent you really do get a great deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭sporina

clarins or dermalogicia ladies???? i like the ethos of clarins… but sell dermalogicia to me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

2 of the best moisturisers I've ever had the pleasure of using:

- Creme de la mer - use it at night every few days (not everyday-your skin at 30 wouldnt need it everyday)

- Elizabeth Arden daily moisturiser with SPF 15. Excellent moisturiser, and also has SPF protection.

Cleanser-wise, clarins one step comfort cleanser for combination skin is great. Its mild (if you dont wear make up and stuff) and soothing.

dellas1979 wrote: »
    2 of the best moisturisers I've ever had the pleasure of using:

- Creme de la mer - use it at night every few days (not everyday-your skin at 30 wouldnt need it everyday)

- Elizabeth Arden daily moisturiser with SPF 15. Excellent moisturiser, and also has SPF protection.

Cleanser-wise, clarins one step comfort cleanser for combination skin is great. Its mild (if you dont wear make up and stuff) and soothing.

why are they the best?

• Advertisement

They work best on my skin - not a wrinkle on me :) and Im 33 (I rarely wear make up though). People ask me what I use and I always tell them always wear SPF (even in winter) and always moisturise properly. To me, the moisturiser is the most important part of skin care regime.

Exfoliate only in the shower with something mild at most twice a week.

If I know (even in winter) its going to be a sunny or icy/windy day, I will put on higher SPF on cheeks/around nose. But again, thats cause I dont wear foundation to act as a barrier.

I know the creme de la mer is expensive (I started using it when I was about 23/24), but a standard pot size will last you 6-8 months if you only use it a couple times a week. I find it moisturises and correct problems, such as uneven skintone, helps healing, dehydrated skin, crepy skin. You can use it on your lips/hands also.

dellas1979 wrote: »
    They work best on my skin - not a wrinkle on me :) and Im 33 (I rarely wear make up though). People ask me what I use and I always tell them always wear SPF (even in winter) and always moisturise properly. To me, the moisturiser is the most important part of skin care regime.

Exfoliate only in the shower with something mild at most twice a week.

If I know (even in winter) its going to be a sunny or icy/windy day, I will put on higher SPF on cheeks/around nose. But again, thats cause I dont wear foundation to act as a barrier.

I know the creme de la mer is expensive (I started using it when I was about 23/24), but a standard pot size will last you 6-8 months if you only use it a couple times a week. I find it moisturises and correct problems, such as uneven skintone, helps healing, dehydrated skin, crepy skin. You can use it on your lips/hands also.

thanks..

yeah rehydration is crucial me thinks.

with regards to wrinkles etc, i think a lot of that is whats in the genes.

obviously other factors play a role too though.. like lifestyle, diet etc,.

Yes-I guess genetics has part to do with it, my mother looks very young, as do my sisters (when my younger sister (30) was pregnant, she got some awful comments about getting pregnant so young. She looks about 17-I used to joke with her she should do the program 16 and pregnant), but I think using SPF and right moisturiser is the key.

I went and got my nails redone today, and the girl doing my nails asked me was I still in college/what I was studying or when was I going to be finished. I was like "love I finished college 12 years ago at this stage". She nearly fell off the chair. She said she thought I was 21/22.

I may not look 33, but I feel 33 ;) (and get the above all the time-makes me embarassed).

hmm i have never heard much about the elizabeth arden mositurizer - how much is it? i was looking at Lancome Hydra Zen and Clarins Hyrda quench again today - they are both about €50. I am also looking at Vichy and Trilogy.. so difficult to know what to go for…

I would love to talk to a biotechnologist who knows the science behind the products and who would be able to tell whether or not a product is worth the money/does what its suppose to do etc,..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Def go for clarins over lancome, lancome is heavily fragranced and use a lot of chemicals.

@ slow moe.. thanks for that - you see this is the type of info I am looking for!!! I don't mind spending money on something if it is worth it - but chemicals etc is exactly what I do not want!!

any more insightful info??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭the optimist

sporina wrote: »
    clarins or dermalogicia ladies???? i like the ethos of clarins… but sell dermalogicia to me??

Maybe you should try a starter kit for dermalogica products. I bought the age smart starter kit from kudosbeauty.com. I paid 38.25 and at least you can see if it suits you before you pay big money for it. I love it but as I said already everyone has different skin so at least you can see what suits you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Dermologica all the way... I have hyper-sensitive skin that gives out if I use the wrong shampoo/washing powder etc. Anything at all sets it off.

but Dermalogica has really calmed it down. Never have a problem at all and skin looks great. I order from Adonis Grooming. Its cheaper than in salons and they also throw in some samples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭talkin

Using clarins now for the last few months. My chin acne had basically cleared up but my skin doesn't seem as bright as it used to be it's gone very dull!

i have been using various products for the past few months - from lancome to lacura and to be honest, i think its total swings and roundabout.

I have gotten breakouts with various products.

How much water i drink and how much partying I do plays a bigger role in the condition of my skin than how well any products can benefit my skin.

i will buy what ever i can afford..

one product i love though is the no 7 hot cloth cleanser.. divine..

• Advertisement
Advertisement