Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icing and how to do it :)

Options
  • 10-04-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hi guys!
    I have a problem, I can bake anything but icing just
    completely confuses me. No matter how I try it, it never works!

Anybody got any good icing ways/recipes? :)
    Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

What are you trying to ice?
    What effect are you looking for?

Most simple cheaty way is to by a can of spray icing which comes with a range of disposable nozzles and use them on cupcakes and add some sprinkles.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

i generally use 300g sieved powdered icing sugar to one egg white..
    and slowly add the sugar to the egg white beating all the time with a whisk until it forms peaks.
    Cover the bowl with a warm cloth for 5 mins..then its ready to use

My own frosting recipe i find is fool proof. 250g cream cheese 125g icing sugar and 125g butter.
    beat the cream cheese and sifted icing sugar together for about 2 mins until the powdered sugar is dissolved.
    melt the butter and let it cool down,add the butter to the cheese and sugar mix and beat with a whisk until its stiff like egg whites..works every time.

you can even add melted chocolate to it for chocolate icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Thank you very much I will defanitley try that!
    Im generally trying to ice queen cakes and sponge cakes for now! :)

Advertisement