Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW DECKING

• 10-04-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

We are thinking to build a decking at our back garden, probably by outselves (its normally working out cheaper I believe). Just wondering if anyone can recommend a best & cheap place to buy decking material. Also is it better to your soft wood or hard wood decking? Also as we have no previous building experience we would appreciate if someone can recommend a reliable & cheap builder/company to make a decking for us if something goes wrong as an option. Thanks for any replys.

P.S. I have seen decking tiles recently but not sure if they are easy to fit in comparisone to standard decking boards. Does anyone knows? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Brookes on the ballysimon road.

was in there last week and they had 16ft lenghts outside. I remember them being half the price of this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Just something for you to consider, my parents put down a deck maybe 5 years ago at this stage and they went with a composite material rather than actual wood. It doesn't need treating every year, doesn't go green and slimy and theres no splinters or anything like that! I know it did cost a good bit more but its completly maintenance free apart from a quick powerhose after the winter to freshen it up!!

Not sure who they got to do it, but it looks something like this.... http://www.betterdeck.ie/compositedecking.php

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tatjana78

alan1990 wrote: »
    Just something for you to consider, my parents put down a deck maybe 5 years ago at this stage and they went with a composite material rather than actual wood. It doesn't need treating every year, doesn't go green and slimy and theres no splinters or anything like that! I know it did cost a good bit more but its completly maintenance free apart from a quick powerhose after the winter to freshen it up!!

Not sure who they got to do it, but it looks something like this.... http://www.betterdeck.ie/compositedecking.php

Thanks for suggestions, I've sent them an email even thought I was told its quite expensive and we are on the budget here trying to save as anyone around I guess. Would be interesting to see what price they'll come up with. Will post when find out. Wood decking is our first choice for now anyway.

Advertisement