Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Document

• 10-04-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Is anyone here familiar with the french novel "Le Petit Prince" Antoine de Saint Exupéry ?? I am doing this book for my document and I am wondering if someone could suggest some questions which may be asked ?

Thank you any help appreciated:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Claregirl5

Hi there, or rather "bonjour"!

Prepare answers to the following questions:

1) why did you chose this novel?
    2) was it difficult to read?
    3) what is your favourite character and why?
    4) tell me about the story
    5) do you like reading? and related questions
    6) what other hobbies do you have?
    7) do you have time for hobbies this year?
    etc..

Hope this will help!

Bonne chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 School of french

Le Petit Prince is about a series of journeys or periples made by the young prince. I agree that you may be asked the questions as mentioned by the other member but an awkward examiner might ask about your own travel history. Bon courage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Hey guys, my teacher isn't pushed on us having a document but I'm doing one as my aunt (French teacher in Dublin ) said its a waste if you don't have one. what I'm wondering is is my document ( i made it on my computer and is like a collage of pictures of me and my life) not allowed since there is more than the one picture on the page? Or since they're all on the one page would they be allowed? Should i just incase focus on one particular picture on my document (have it done well) at the moment and have parts and pieces done on the others or do them all equally? thanks in advance mes potes. =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

People in my year are doing that, its still one thing so you're allowed to do it :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    People in my year are doing that, its still one thing so you're allowed to do it :)

Yay! merci beaucoup Patchy! You've made my day! Quel kif! << my favourite French phrase other than ZUUTT ALORSSS! ET BOF!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Ok so I haven't prepared my document just yet. I was going to do it on a holiday, but at this point is it too late/a waste of time to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grantyrs10

Thanks to all for help... :) wud u think if the examiner knew the book well that he/she may ask q's regarding individual chapters ??

My pre oral the examiner was aware of the book as someone in her class was alo doing it, and she asked did i think the petit prince is a metaphor for the author !! which was a nasty question :)

Manic2 wrote: »
    Ok so I haven't prepared my document just yet. I was going to do it on a holiday, but at this point is it too late/a waste of time to do it?

Well others may say it is too late but I only made mine last week! if you do about an hour or more just on it you'll be grand! and it does depend on what day your oral is (mine is this Monday! :(] but if you're more comfortable doing it then do!

and for the Petit Prince, if you do get asked on a specific chapter, just tell them that you're so nervous about the orals right now you can't remember that specific chapter and say that you know more on_____

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Invading this thread!

So, i'm studying for my French Oral (9.40am 16th April :()..

I'm doing all the basic stuff (myself, hometown, hobbies, music etc.) Stuff with the conditional, subjunctives etc. I have a document prepared too, on exam pressure. But how do you guys actually study for the Oral? I have vocab prepared but i'm just reading over it with a French accent, not sure what else to do?

Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the French Oral?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hotfuzz2

Invading this thread!

So, i'm studying for my French Oral (9.40am 16th April :()..

I'm doing all the basic stuff (myself, hometown, hobbies, music etc.) Stuff with the conditional, subjunctives etc. I have a document prepared too, on exam pressure. But how do you guys actually study for the Oral? I have vocab prepared but i'm just reading over it with a French accent, not sure what else to do?

Does anyone have any tips for preparing for the French Oral?

Well my teacher is actually an oral examiner herself and she helped me prepare mine as well as possible. Learn off plenty of vocab about exam pressure, write a general intro about why you chose it, eg "J'ai choisi ce document parce que.." and then write a bit more about the subject. Learn this off and move in to possible questions on your document. Pick out the most awkward questions and prepare answers for them because you might get a really tricky and mean examiner :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement