Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about mortgage protection insurance

Options
  • 10-04-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Both OH and myself have been unemployed for over 12 months and have made a claim against our insurance, which has now stopped. However, the way things are going it doesn't look good on the jobs front.

We have continued to pay the premiums but are wondering if we're wasting our money because the policy says that you have to be working for 12 months before you can make another claim.

Looking for opinions - what would you do? Would you cancel and save €35 a month or keep it going in the vain hope that you would find work soon?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

If you are not working right now and there is little hope on the horizon then cancel it, plus even if you do manage to get work and have to put in another claim,somehow I reckon they would make it extremely difficult for you to claim again. Make sure however you have some kind of mortgage life insurance policy although I am sure you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks youtube, that's what we're thinking too. And yes, we do have a life insurance policy covering the mortgage, so at least that's covered.

Advertisement