Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia: All churches must be destroyed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Not sure which Hadith he's talking about. I'm sure who you want to come out and criticize it? If it makes things any better Iran has criticized it.

Generally speaking I would say if people aren't talking about it, it doesn't mean they agree with it, just that they don't care of pay attention to what this guy is saying.

You'll notice there's been little mention of anyone else supporting what has been said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

oceanclub wrote: »

Wow, from the same people who brought you such great laws such as "Women are not allowed drive"! I'll make sure to destroy any Christian Churches I come across from now on. Honestly these Saudi rulers are such a bad example of how Islam should be practised. I really wish the people would rise up (without any outside interference from other countries) and send them back to the desert on their camels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

what is your purpose to post this thread here, ocean club... Saudis don't represent Islam... It's very interesting to see some people are intently corrupt and their purpose in all intentions is to practise corruption... wasted 40 years... wasted brains--wasted ego--wasted religions..The thread portrays that ocean club wants a disputed between Muslims and Christians -- Such hyena tactics are often used by the guardian of freedom... atheism in its extremist form..... Dear ocean club, keep it up you doing a favor in the name of your religion..

f.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭donaghs

I don't think Saudi Arabia can be dismissed as some sort crazy person. It's a country with a population of 27 million. Not to mention the 2nd biggest oil reserves of any country in the world. It's also contains the region where Islam began, as has its holiest shrine.

The Saudi's would not doubt criticize Muslims who don't follow their ways, as not practising "true islam". So, like most religions, the "true" version is always going to be a moot point.

I think it would make more sense for people with a rational mind or simply a humanitarian world-view to criticize Saudi Arabia for its human rights record.

But its not just Saudi Arabia's application of Islam within its on borders which is worrying. Their oil-wealth allows them to propagate their views world-wide, giving a much more Salafist slant to "mainstream" Sunni Islam in recent decades.

So going back to the original post, it is sadly worrying and regretable that such statements are made in public, by public figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I'm no expert on Islam, I'm married to a rarely practising muslim, but I do have the rare pleasure of actually knowing some Saudis (40% of my customer base via work is middle east, including saudi arabia) and outside that, muslim friends & in laws via himself. From my experience of having worked with them, many regular Saudis hate the regime (and given me anecdotes to that effect) and my bunch think they're ridiculous, immoral and would never in a million years hold them as any kind of representation of their religion or lifestyle :(
    What I was saying in short, is the Saudis tend to get everyones' back up, including Muslims, and even Saudis themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I'm no expert on Islam, I'm married to a rarely practising muslim, but I do have the rare pleasure of actually knowing some Saudis (40% of my customer base via work is middle east, including saudi arabia) and outside that, muslim friends & in laws via himself. From my experience of having worked with them, many regular Saudis hate the regime (and given me anecdotes to that effect) and my bunch think they're ridiculous, immoral and would never in a million years hold them as any kind of representation of their religion or lifestyle :(

Yes, I got the same vibe from the small number of Saudi's who would talk politics when I was there. The majority of them are afraid to talk politicial though. One taxi driver who was quite critical of the leaders then stopped himself and said they would cut his tongue off if they found out what he was saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

old_aussie wrote: »

I'm speechless . I knew about the churches but this witchcraft rubbish . It's the father of the girl that needs a few lashes

Advertisement