Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thyme

Options
  • 10-04-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

I have no gardening skills in me whatsoever. I recently bought a thyme plant, and repotted it. I put good compost in with it, and keep it in the light in the garden, water it weekly, and within 2 weeks it was dried to feck, and looked dead. When we got nice weather last week I freshened the soil up (dunno the proper word for forking it? :P )
    Since then, there are a few new green sprigs, but should I just trim all the dead sprigs back, and let it grow from scratch again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I would leave it as it is if its starting to grow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The weather has been very dry for a good while, a lot of stuff in pots has dried out if you haven't been keeping an eye on it. As Cardinal R says, leave it get on with it, thyme can be a bit fussy, if it gets established it will grow for years no problem, but others just give up the ghost. I would be inclined to put it into the garden if you can. (but wait until it looks healthy)

Advertisement