Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Protection

Options
  • 10-04-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

How do i find out if I have payment protection on a loan that I have with BOI. I always taught that I had but recently I got a letter about a missed payment and there was no mention of payment protection, I understand than under the consumer protection code that this detail should have been included in the letter but there was no mention of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Helen1,

I am currently checking this out for you and I will get back to you asap.

Hope to be in contact soon,
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Helen1,

Firstly to check if you have payment protection it would be stated on any of your original documentation for the loan and also your branch can check if you have it as well. You can find contact details of your branch here.

At the moment on our letters it doesn't state if you have payment protection or not. As per the Central Bank of Ireland this is to be implemented by the end of June 2012 and at the moment Bank of Ireland is working on this.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement