Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Server Build

Options
  • 10-04-2012 2:46pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am looking to purchase some servers or the office. I need a small form factor (not sure is this called micro or miniatx).

We've always had Dells in work (ease of order) but I'm trying to shop around.

Only duties of these servers is to store a local database, process some information from other computers on the network, and synch to a remote server.

Operating system is required, no monitor or peripherals needed. Windows 7 (any version)
    4 GB of memory, hard drive space not a issue. <100 GB would be fine.

If someone could make a suggestions, maybe from hardwareversand, it would be appreciated.

For reference, we've previously been using Dell Vosto 260's
    http://www.dell.com/ie/business/p/vostro-260s/fs

Would like to have it pre-built if possible. Otherwise I'll have to do it. :)

The dells seems to be about 330 now. Price range sub 350 possible?

Comments

Advertisement