Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pros and Cons going from 457 to 857

Options
  • 10-04-2012 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Been back in Oz about 6 weeks and working away in Perth on a 457.

Work has been going well and I think they are pretty happy with me (I fecking hope so anyway).

Today the boss came to me and offered to change my visa to an 857 if I wanted which would mean I would have PR straight away.

Is there a catch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

No do it if theres a catch it may be that they ask you to pay the cost if you decide to leave but other then that no catch I can see,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Snatch his arm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

857 is PR but its the odd ball one, you have to work 2 years in the RSMS area or it can be revoked, fortunately the whole of WA is RSMS. I would take it
    anyway as its still PR after the 2 years and the way rules change you might be glad of it someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Cheers for that. Will ask some questions today

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Yeah its a great option. Ive been on the 857 Visa for over a year now and while I'm not a fan of Regional Oz, I know if I can stick i out for 1 more year, the world (or at the very least, Oz!) will be my oyster!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement