Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIAS EMERGENCY CONTROLLER.

Options
  • 10-04-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

HI. Just got a letter today with an invite to the second stage of the recruitment process for the Emergency Medical Dispatcher job. I have to take three short ability tests which assess abilities relevant to the post. The tests should only last and hour and a half.
    Does anyone know what these test might involve?
    Keyboard skills? Communications? Phonetic alphabet? Typing and listening at the same time?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Im not sure what kind of tests you will go through. Hopefully they are basic, reading, numerical and communication tests.

Sorry I couldnt help, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Belfastmedic

I'm currently in the NIAS ;)

EMD/C is a position i might look to myself in the future.

If you go to the search forum button on here and type in Emergency Medical Controller you will find a post from two years ago outlining the role and lots of help on it.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Medic475

I'm currently in the NIAS ;)

EMD/C is a position i might look to myself in the future.

If you go to the search forum button on here and type in Emergency Medical Controller you will find a post from two years ago outlining the role and lots of help on it.

Good luck with it.

Hey Belfastmedic! What are you working at in the NIAS? I see from your profile that your from or lived in Limerick? I'm living in Limerick at the mo. Applied for this job when it was advertised in Oct but never heard anything untill today! Are u from the republic? How long are u in the NIAS and how do you find working with them, especially Control? Sorry for all the questions! I wasn't going to go for it as I'm on the panel for EMT's with the HSE but its taking them forever to get their act together so I might actually take this seriously now and go ahead with it! Would be great to get some info from you! Thanks in advance!! :)

Hey, i'm doing the paramedic training.

I applied in march 2010, didn't hear back until end of November/December started in march 2011.

Currently living there and the odd visit to Limerick.

I didn't go for the hse myself the north seemed more attractive to me :o

Hey, i'm doing the paramedic training.

I applied in march 2010, didn't hear back until end of November/December started in march 2011.

Currently living there and the odd visit to Limerick.

I didn't go for the hse myself the north seemed more attractive to me :o

Ah cool, fair play to ya! Must look up that other thread about the EMC? How long left in the trainee Paramedic programme?

• Advertisement

If anyone has any info could you please let me know? Thanks.

The paramedic course is a three year course.

When is your interview?

They will more than likely ask you about the role of an EMC/D.

Communication, effective listening and attention to detail from the person who rang 999 and to the crew you dispatch.

Reassure the person who rang 999 i.e Ambulance is on the way etc

For you to be calm when communicating, if your calm the caller is calm.

Good luck with it :)

The paramedic course is a three year course.

When is your interview?

They will more than likely ask you about the role of an EMC/D.

Communication, effective listening and attention to detail from the person who rang 999 and to the crew you dispatch.

Reassure the person who rang 999 i.e Ambulance is on the way etc

For you to be calm when communicating, if your calm the caller is calm.

Good luck with it :)

I have the ability tests next wednesday in Belfast. Don't know how long after that I have to wait untill I find out if I've passed and have an interview or if I have failed so not really sure. Cool, thanks, I'll take all that on board. Thanks a mill! :)

Cool, thought you had the interview next week. :o

Good luck with the tests ;)

Advertisement