If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommendations on *discrete* home cinema speakers & receiver

Options
  • 10-04-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I'm trying to find a more subtle home cinema system - something that will sound spectacular, but look subtle when speakers are wall mounted and woofer is tucked behind the sofa.

I'm in the market for the full set of 5.1 speakers, and for a receiver / blu-ray player - as slimline as possible, but with enough inputs to take SkyHD and Apple TV.

There's a lot of mass-market one-box solutions that have potential - but they tend to come with black speakers that my better half dislikes, and I'm unsure about their sound quality. It's particularly important to me that the system produces a good range even at low volumes - so we can enjoy a great movie without waking the kids / neighbors!

Any suggestions for something you guys have in stock and can recommend?

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.