Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laura byrne too leve today fm on friday

• 10-04-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Very good newsreader leaving is it because on the economic downturn cut backs ?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'll survive without her. Its not as if she's doing an important job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

She sounds hot. Any pictures? I remember we had a thread somewhere about her before and we couldn't get a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Clanket wrote: »
    She sounds hot. Any pictures? I remember we had a thread somewhere about her before and we couldn't get a picture

Seems to be a few radio forums stalking her on the net, never listen to Today FM myself.

laura%20byrne%20twitter%20(1).sflb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Juliet Gash has been doing more and more of the news lately so I assume she'll take over Laura's job.

Is Laura leaving for good or is it just maternity leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,394 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Juliet Gash has been doing more and more of the news lately so I assume she'll take over Laura's job.

Is Laura leaving for good or is it just maternity leave?

Her twitter todayfm account is down so might be for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Yeah she's gone for good. Going to the same place as Mark Little http://storyful.com/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Laura always seemed like one of the newsreaders who was up for the craic and in fairness has a smokin' hot voice but she got pronunciation or a line wrong EVERY day. I know there is a lot more than 'reading' involved in the newsroom, but would have thought that was the basic required of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

batm!ke wrote: »
    Laura always seemed like one of the newsreaders who was up for the craic and in fairness has a smokin' hot voice but she got pronunciation or a line wrong EVERY day. I know there is a lot more than 'reading' involved in the newsroom, but would have thought that was the basic required of her.
    Think she did sum female voices on gift grub also

Think she did sum female voices on gift grub also

I believe she did the voices of the Seoige sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Shame. Always liked the banter between her and the Foley crew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

My favourite Laura Byrne moment was last December when that karaoke star Michael Buble was in Brown Thomas turning on the Christmas lights and after she did the news in the afternoon, Tony Fenton came in and asked if she was rushing down to see him and without hesitation she said no way, she didn't like him! It kinda threw Tony off that there were actually people who didn't like Buble! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yeah she's gone for good. Going to the same place as Mark Little http://storyful.com/.

What's the link? When I follow it it just brings me to that site's home page. Is that where she's gone to work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Her twitter todayfm account is down so might be for good.

She has changed her Twitter handle to LauraByrneStory, like ex-RTE Gareth O'Connor did when he moved to Storyful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

This woman's voice got on my tits for some reason, talks like a man, and the way she used to pronounce certain words, example; F-nance, instead of FIGH-nance. And that stupid French accent for President Sarkozy. Good riddance I say. She has a weird bottom lip too................

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    This woman's voice got on my tits ..

BLASPEHMY!!!!

*throws holy water*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    This woman's voice got on my tits for some reason, talks like a man, and the way she used to pronounce certain words, example; F-nance, instead of FIGH-nance. And that stupid French accent for President Sarkozy. Good riddance I say. She has a weird bottom lip too................

Isn't it Juliette Gash who does the accent thing, her mother's from France or something. I do remember Laura Byrne getting ripped by Ray Foley for trying to do the french accent. Thought she gave it up then? :)

It's definitely Juliette that does the french accent. Laura did pronounce it Finn-ance though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Very good newsreader leaving is it because on the economic downturn cut backs ?thanks

Not sure just how i will survive this blow.

After everything thats happened this year.

Now this..

Please dear lord help us all .

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭countygorey

Suzie4 wrote: »

Now this..

:p:p:p:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Suzie4 wrote: »

Now this..

A tad over dramatic perhaps?

She's only a newsreader at the end of the day....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

"Laura byrne too leve today fm on friday"

Education cutbacks in effect or bad teachers who can't be gotten rid of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In the distant past people who read the news or weather on radio would have come and gone and none of us would even notice.

Now, because everyone is a minor celebrity, we feel like we should care about them and their career.

Personally I couldn't care less. My TodayFM listening will go on without her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Where is she going to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Where is she going to?

Guessing you didn't get a chance to read post 7.:D

Advertisement