Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet light is red

Options
  • 10-04-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hey I just got a new router in the post today and went about setting it up.
    The problem is that the "Internet" light stays red and I can't connect.
    DSL is fine.

What do I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hmmm, try turning it off and on again... then plugging it out and in again.

If it's the same problem, then it sounds like either the router is busted or your internet provider still hasn't set you up properly.

I'd say you could double check that if you can get a loan of a router that you know works from the same provider but really, it would probably be better to give your internet provider a call and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Lukekul wrote: »
    Hey I just got a new router in the post today and went about setting it up.
    The problem is that the "Internet" light stays red and I can't connect.
    DSL is fine.

What do I do?

Hi Lukekul,

When you say you got a new router, was this supplied by eircom or did you purchase a third party device? See this support link for setting up both eircom and 3rd party modems: Broadband Support. The second and third items in the "Top Queries" section give the details for both of the above.
    If you have completed the setup and are still having an issue can you send me on the phone or account number and I will test from this end for you.

Cheers

James (Logged in as Mark)

Advertisement