Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertise New Website via Email

Options
  • 10-04-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can I take email addresses from the internet and send a promotional email without prior permission?

It is a website with specific information for a target group that they may find useful but need to get it out there asap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tatrman

sjol wrote: »
    Can I take email addresses from the internet and send a promotional email without prior permission?

It is a website with specific information for a target group that they may find useful but need to get it out there asap

You can as long as you target companies. However it is not good practice and you risk that a lot of people mark you as spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Welcome to the Internet, this is called SPAM and is illegal in most countries.

Your best bet for traffic is to pay somebody who knows what they're doing to do some SEO on your website.

If you're not sure what that is look it up, the person that created the site for you probably knows what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 growmyfans

If your target market is based nationally, then you could consider ringing companies directly, explaining yourself/website etc and ask them if they would be interested in joining your mailing list. This approach would probably be more welcome just in-case your emails are perceived as being spam.

Advertisement