Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Time Switch dead !!

Options
  • 10-04-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be in Plumbing section ... anyway .. switched on the heating this morning, ran it for an hour or so , went to switch it off - switch goes to the Off position, but red light (and more importantly) the boiler stays on ! The LED readout was frozen when I tried to adjust the timer / set time etc. Had to switch it off from the main instead.

I switched it back on from the main and now the LED is dead.

Its a Danfoss SET1E
    287595.jpg

Who do I ring to look at this ? Board Gas or an Electrician ?

Dont think I would try replacing myself even though Im OK with DIY etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

most likely an electrical issue
    think a new clock may be required although there may be a reset button on the back of the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,543 ✭✭✭LeBash

RayCon wrote: »
    Not sure if this should be in Plumbing section ... anyway .. switched on the heating this morning, ran it for an hour or so , went to switch it off - switch goes to the Off position, but red light (and more importantly) the boiler stays on ! The LED readout was frozen when I tried to adjust the timer / set time etc. Had to switch it off from the main instead.

I switched it back on from the main and now the LED is dead.

Its a Danfoss SET1E
    287595.jpg

Who do I ring to look at this ? Board Gas or an Electrician ?

Dont think I would try replacing myself even though Im OK with DIY etc.

That is a clock commonly used for DCC work. Is it a council house? If so, call them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

LeBash wrote: »
    That is a clock commonly used for DCC work. Is it a council house? If so, call them

Nah, it's not a council house ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

Looks like I jammy-ly (I made that up) sorted it this morning with a quick google ... The reset switch is behind the slider button ... pressed it down for 5 secs with a pencil, then held the "Advance" button down for 5 secs ... the LED came back to life. i reset the time on the clock and Im back in business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

imagesqtbnANd9GcRrGZMbAX54YgedKrlcl.jpg

wohooooo

• Advertisement
Advertisement