Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mold in Bedroom

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ShizDink wrote: »
    The mold is now the least of my worries :( landlord is still uncontactable. This has to be illegal .. how do I go about getting the deposit back?
    Rather than sending people round to his house ;)

Call Threshold straight away. They will advise and help.

http://www.threshold.ie/page.asp?menu=76&page=168

They are well used to this sadly. They have been a tower of strength to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

Threshold were great :) I gave them a detailed account of everything and they suggested contacting PRTB, apparently it only costs €25 to begin an investigation with them.

Only question is, if my landlord is not registered with PRTB, can they still help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Yes, AFAIK PRTB can still investigate even if the tenancy is not registered. If it isn't, then the landlord can be hit with a hefty fine. Takes a while though.

It also raises the question: Why was the LL's signature forged? And is he registered with the taxman?

Irritating I know, but you must do everything by the book. It'll come good in the end.

Good luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

ShizDink wrote: »
    Threshold were great :) I gave them a detailed account of everything and they suggested contacting PRTB, apparently it only costs €25 to begin an investigation with them.

Only question is, if my landlord is not registered with PRTB, can they still help?

A tenant can make a claim with the PRTB even if the tenancy is not registered but the landlord cannot make a claim/counter claim against the tenant if it is not registered. However, the PRTB accepts registration of a tenancy at any time on payment of the late registration fee, so the landlord can still do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Wow shizdink, what an experience you have had. Keep us updated on any progress, best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement