Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Formal" leather hi-tops for men

• 10-04-2012 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I usually get away with wearing trainers, and rarely wear shoes. Most of the time if I go out I would wear black cons, and don't really have to wear any for work purposes either.
    However, it's something I need to get. I don't really like wearing shoes, so would like to get something between cons and shoes, something "formal" or "smart".

I am thinking of something like the Camper Persil Hitops. Something like leather cons, but not necessarily cons....

Will be up in the big shmoke this week, so might kill two birds with one stone....

Or something like the Blackstone boots as well. Not sure if these can be bought in Dublin though...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Can I ask why you don't like wearing shoes? Is it because you find them too hard? You can always try get a pair with soft leather, would be very comfortable, in fact, WAY more comfortable than wearing cons.

Also, I'm afraid, if you're going to a formal event (ie wearing a suit or a tux) then the wearing of anything BUT shoes will quite frankly look ridiculous and you'll look like a teenager on his debs night or something.

A good pair of shoes is the making of a suit.

But if you really want that half way thing you could try something like Tod's car shoes in black - they are very expensive but you can get ones like them for cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wear shoes with a suit, but for everything else, I try and avoid them like the plague.....

I don't wear shoes if I go to the pub for example. I will always wear trainers. Saying that , all the trainers I have are dark (black), so don't stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Oh right, I get it. I'm the same actually! I got a nice pair of black Vans, not the normal Vans, they have laces, and they are good with dark jeans.

No worries. yeah, so I am looking for the middle ground between black vans / cons and a pair of shoes.

Only ones I can find for now are the Camper Persil shoes or the Blackstone DL32 all in black.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Diesel and Supra might have something like what you are looking for.

http://www.suprafootwear.com/shop

• Advertisement

The supra ones might be suitable. Any shops in Dublin do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

seachto7 wrote: »

They probably have a list of stockists on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Try desert boots, Clarkes do some decent ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

[IMG]http://6.kicksonfire.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Nike-Sportswear-Dunk-High-–-Black-–-White-Pinstripe.jpg[/IMG]

something like these?

longshanks wrote: »
    Try desert boots, Clarkes do some decent ones.

I have a pair and nice they are too.

@Snowie. I take it you are being funny!! I hope so. Those are rotten.

I am looking for non chunky ones anyhow, ones that would go with straight leg or slim jeans or trousers. So, cons would be "slim". The more I think of it, the camper persil hi tops are the ones, but they are bloody expensive....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I have a pair and nice they are too.

@Snowie. I take it you are being funny!! I hope so. Those are rotten.

I am looking for non chunky ones anyhow, ones that would go with straight leg or slim jeans or trousers. So, cons would be "slim". The more I think of it, the camper persil hi tops are the ones, but they are bloody expensive....

Nope, but your welcome! I was gaging your style, those percils are pretty chunky looking....
    There is a shoe called Nike chukka.

theres also the Vans California Mid Skool 77 which again are every similar to the above

the van california chukka boot, pretty damm formal for a sneaker.

there also Gourmet Quattro Skate

Converse Chuck Taylor Hi All

booth can be gotten in dark

Those Nikes are a bit too flash for me but each to their own :(:(:o:o

I will check out your other recommendations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

There was a shop on southwilliam street that stocked Supra as far as I know.

Advertisement