Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

even a little improvement is better than none.

• 10-04-2012 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I am crying with laughter right now. My sister used to weight 22 stone, but 4 years ago she got a gastric band. However she didn't stick to the diet sheet and so only lost a few stone. I saw her today for the first time in months and she immediately began bragging about how much weight she's lost.

I replied, Well, you may have lost some weight but you're still morbidly obese."

To which she smiled and very proudly replied, "Actually I'm not morbidly obese any more. Now I'm just obese."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You sound like a great brother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Beeeeeef Caaaaaaaaaaaake!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Aren't you very supportive xD Suppose you better keep her down to Earth. Obese is better than morbidly obese... Still not the weight she wants to be I imagine, and still not very healthy..

Anyway, I wish her luck in becoming the weight she wants and getting healthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Bit harsh like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Who's dog died?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Whats yer point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

does she still look like a burst sausage in her clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

does she still look like a burst sausage in her clothes?

I bet she looks like a bear looking out thru a letter box when she drives her car....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I am crying with laughter right now.

No you're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You sound like a great brother

I'd say it's a great sister, bit to evil to be male.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

hondasam wrote: »
    I'd say it's a great sister, bit to evil to be male.

Men can be evil too. Especially if they don't really like their sister, as I gather is the case here.

I didn't realise that even when you get a gastric band, you still have to follow a diet. Why not just follow a diet in the first place and save yourself a hell of a lot of pain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

I can see were you are coming from, for her to do this and then put on weight again long term it is not an option. However support from family and friends ie correct food, exercise and encouragement all might be well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Men can be evil too. Especially if they don't really like their sister, as I gather is the case here.

I didn't realise that even when you get a gastric band, you still have to follow a diet. Why not just follow a diet in the first place and save yourself a hell of a lot of pain?

Ya but you know the jealous/rivalry between some sisters.

You can hardly eat anything with it, if you overeat you get sick. I did think anyone that had it lost weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

With a gastric band, you are not allowed to drink water with meals as water pushes the food through the band and stops it from working. So she orders chinese takeaways and forces them through the band by drinking lots of water.

I bet she looks like a bear looking out thru a letter box when she drives her car....

Now I am laughing again, I'm going to tell her this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I think going for the gastric band is a bit pathetic. Just stop shoving your gob with ****ing cakes you flabby c***! Pathetic how little self control some people have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

But what does her belly button smell like?

But what does her belly button smell like?

Her belly button is so big that she often shows off by sticking her whole finger in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I think we'll leave it at that.

They say your family will always have your back. I pity your sister tbh.

Don't come in here trolling again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement