Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Import Anime

Options
  • 10-04-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Where do ye import anime from I'm looking to get madoka magica vol 1 on bluray but planetaxel dont have it and amazon.com is quite expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is the games forum. You might get a better response from the Anime forum!

Moving...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭Nollog

I've bought from cdjapan before.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Looking for a place mainly for importing US blu-rays that sell Madoka Vol1 and avoids Vat charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont know where you would get them, but I was just going to say import from US. Japan charge astronomical prices for blurays (€80 for maybe 3 episodes!). I know a guy who works for a shipping company in the US, and he even says that Japanese people buy loads from the US rather than spending local due to cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Would the US and Europe not be different regions? There's a few series I wouldn't mind getting since I have a ps3 to play blurays on now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

megaten wrote: »
    Would the US and Europe not be different regions? There's a few series I wouldn't mind getting since I have a ps3 to play blurays on now.

I have different region anime that plays fine on my PC. Im not sure about ps3 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Depends on the company most funimation blurays are region free but Sentai stuff is region locked, you can check planetaxel for region free anime. Axel don't stock Madoka even though it's region free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I've gotten a few anime dvds from deepdiscount.com. The prices were very reasonable and postage, iirc, is either free or free with a minimum spend. They have a bluray section, but haven't looked to see what their selection is like.

As for VAT, it really depends on whether customs open it or not. I've heard that they ignore anything valued less than €20, but that might just be hearsay. In the last five years of buying from various companies online, I've only ever gotten two customs bills and it seemed pretty random. I think it's luck of the draw.

Advertisement