Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone else buy the voucher for Bridget's House Cleaning?

Options
  • 10-04-2012 6:04pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Really annoyed at this bunch. I've been trying to call them for the past two months and they've not been answering the phone. I just presumed they'd eventually answer but now today the voucher is up and I haven't got to use it. I contacted Living Social last week and they haven't got back to me yet.
    I'm starting to lose faith in these groupons between long waiting times for orders and things like this happening. Only going to buy restaurant ones from now on! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I am sorry I can't help you with your problem but I have a friend who got a voucher for a hairdresser that never answered the phone and when my friend eventually drove to the address of the salon, there was none!! And it was also a living social deal. You won't get anywhere with them either btw if you do get through to them(well my friend didn't). Hope the voucher didn't cost too much.
    I would only ever get a voucher for a business that I know of now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Living social are complete rip off merchants, you won't get anything off them. Had a similar problem last year and stopped using them.

What I do these days is phone the business directly if i see a deal i want, and pay them directly for the service for the same price.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Sounds like a good idea. I can't drive to the premises of this place because they don't have one listed. I've heard Groupon and the others are so good about these things. Never going with LivingSocial ever again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I did a bit of googling its a house address,

http://cork.yalwa.ie/ID_104674199/Bridgets-Cleaning-Service-Domestic-Regular-Office-Cleaning-i.html

EDIT, this business has a slighlty different name than the one you want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

dory wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea. I can't drive to the premises of this place because they don't have one listed. I've heard Groupon and the others are so good about these things. Never going with LivingSocial ever again!

You'd probably be best using Boardsdeals, even though they aren't the same company as boards they have a forum here, were started under the brand and basically have to answer for any fcuk ups.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You'd probably be best using Boardsdeals, even though they aren't the same company as boards they have a forum here, were started under the brand and basically have to answer for any fcuk ups.

Very few boards deals are in Cork though. Never saw one for a house cleaning in Cork anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Silly people did youy get any come back at all with it..I remember trying to contact the company as it would not take payment for something and they told me to call them in switzerland or someplace i was like rite i will do...

On another note if you ever do need a cleaner i bloody love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 posie37

I bought a deal to have my oven cleaned in december and was let down 3 times by the company, living social are so unhelpful and have done nothing for me to resolve the situation. I've asked several times for a refund from Maids from Heaven and they keep fobbing me off, i think the whole deal thing is a scam, once they have your money they don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

Milly33 wrote: »
    Silly people did youy get any come back at all with it..I remember trying to contact the company as it would not take payment for something and they told me to call them in switzerland or someplace i was like rite i will do...

On another note if you ever do need a cleaner i bloody love it

wanna job? *seriously!*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm could be potential!! Send me on the details perhaps.. I really do enjoy it and have a lot of days free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Transluminal

@posie37: In fairness your troubles mightn't be down to Living Social, I've used Maids From Heaven once, and never again! I found them lacking in courtesy (like you wouldn't imagine!), thoroughness, value for money and timeliness (my job too 3 times as long to finish as agreed).

I would be interested in recommendations for a reliable house cleaning company. Anyone? (Feel free to point me at another thread if this is covered elsewhere).

Advertisement