Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@M&;S* I just had a look at it there. Sadly I generally just crap myself whenever I see sin and cos thrown in somewhere they shouldn't be, so I'm no good to you! :P But I'd start by looking through pages 14 and 15 of the tables for help, and I'd say it might make it easier if you the -4sin^3x to -4(sinx)^3. (Except I don't know whether that 4 should be inside or outside the bracket.) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    @M&S* I just had a look at it there. Sadly I generally just crap myself whenever I see sin and cos thrown in somewhere they shouldn't be, so I'm no good to you! :P But I'd start by looking through pages 14 and 15 of the tables for help, and I'd say it might make it easier if you the -4sin^3x to -4(sinx)^3. (Except I don't know whether that 4 should be inside or outside the bracket.) :cool:

I'll give it a go and if not, I was never expecting to get a part c spot on anyways. Thanks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

M&S* wrote: »
    I've given myself three piercings all three of which I left heal over. Don't know what I was thinking tbh, although they never got infected. :cool:

Any maths heads around there? I'm stuck on 2009 question 3 part c. i) Anyone at all care to tell me how to start it? I'd be eternally grateful.
    Ill do it out for you when I get home :) I have it in my notes somewhere :)
    oh and @togepi I'm even squeamish bout ear piercings ugh they make me shudder :o

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

I've given myself three piercings all three of which I left heal over. Don't know what I was thinking tbh, although they never got infected. :cool:

Any maths heads around there? I'm stuck on 2009 question 3 part c. i) Anyone at all care to tell me how to start it? I'd be eternally grateful.

I'll give you help with the start and see if you can keep going;

you can start by writing De Moivre's theorem:

(CosƟ + iSinƟ)^n = (Cos(nƟ) + iSin(nƟ)).

In the question you can see you need a "3Ɵ" in your answer, so fill in the formula above for n=3 and see if you can go further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

The start line is (cosA + IsinA)^3= cos3A + isin3A. Then you must expand the bracket, using binomial expansion

Edit: leaveiton got there before me, stealing my thunder........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Had the solution typed out, then realised that you only wanted to know how to start it, so I spoilered it but it messed up the formatting so I just deleted it :P I can type out the solution again if anyone wants it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Haha how are you all 17 too? Fellow TY skippers? :P

I had a maths test on Sequences & Series and omg ugh, I'd done loads of them before and I couldnt even remember how to do them, and I got a simple Sn thing wrong and I misread 5(a) and o m g I am going to kill myself over maths seriously.

I get it now! :o
    Thanks everyone yer the best! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I did my third ear lobe piercings myself a while back. Would never pierce anything else myself, I've seen things like people piercing their lip with a safety pin on the internet and oh god why do they do that. :(

So I'm one of the oldest here? Weird...

finality wrote: »
    I did my third ear lobe piercings myself a while back. Would never pierce anything else myself, I've seen things like people piercing their lip with a safety pin on the internet and oh god why do they do that. :(

So I'm one of the oldest here? Weird...

There were all ear piercings, I wouldn't do that either. There's a few people I know who have done stupid things like that and regret it to this day.

• Advertisement

oh and @togepi I'm even squeamish bout ear piercings ugh they make me shudder :o

Have you not gotten your ears pierced either? :eek: I'm only non-squeamish about the normal ear piercings - they just look like they were meant to be pierced! :P Any other part of the ear makes me feel I'll though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Have you not gotten your ears pierced either? :eek: I'm only non-squeamish about the normal ear piercings - they just look like they were meant to be pierced! :P Any other part of the ear makes me feel I'll though. :(
    No and I never will :P I remember in Berlin in my room ppl were piercing other peoples ears with needles ugh nearly got sick :/ and yes I'm such a scaredycat :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I hope a full single text question comes up on both the characters Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and the Norwegian politics sub plot.

And people thought Boland not appearing was distressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lads in genetics/DNA what's the difference between a codon and a triplet? Are they the same just with different names? Damn biology book is confusing me. And I just feel the need to let you all know I hate protein synthesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I turn 19 few before the leaving the second time I have to study on my birthday :rolleyes:. This will be the last year for sure!
    I missed the last day of school. A couple of us went into town instead. I didn't want to sit in a building all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

We had our shirt signing day/last day today :D It was great, a little bit sad but that's to be expected :P We literally spent the whole length of it sitting out in the sun having the craic, and it is hottt! It's 30* here! Amazing weather!

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lads in genetics/DNA what's the difference between a codon and a triplet? Are they the same just with different names? Damn biology book is confusing me. And I just feel the need to let you all know I hate protein synthesis.

I'm 99% sure they're the same thing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

leaveiton wrote: »

I'm 100% sure they are the same thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone else have those days where you don't feel like studying? an then you don't do anything all day. I usually don't do too much work on Friday's anyway.
    I'm having one of those days , I want to go over physical geography still .

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I'm 100% sure they are the same thing! :D

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Did you guys have trouble understanding genetic crosses? I'm not sure if I'm the only one who finds it hard. Comes up every year as well, if only..

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Did you guys have trouble understanding genetic crosses? I'm not sure if I'm the only one who finds it hard. Comes up every year as well, if only..
    I dont really understand it either :(

No and I never will :P I remember in Berlin in my room ppl were piercing other peoples ears with needles ugh nearly got sick :/ and yes I'm such a scaredycat :P

Bleugh I hate it when people even talk about piercing other people's/their own ears. :( Aw, I'm fairly sure one of my aunties has never pierced her ears. :) I thought I'd just go for it now that I'm a so-called 'adult'. :P I'll probably still chicken out though!

Bleugh I hate it when people even talk about piercing other people's/their own ears. :( Aw, I'm fairly sure one of my aunties has never pierced her ears. :) I thought I'd just go for it now that I'm a so-called 'adult'. :P I'll probably still chicken out though!

I don't have my ears pierced either! I did get them done when I was about 8 but I had to let them close up. I do want to get them done again but I'm not sure if I will :P

Haha they're like the only bits I can do :pac:

I don't have my ears pierced either! I did get them done when I was about 8 but I had to let them close up. I do want to get them done again but I'm not sure if I will :P

Ah it doesn't count if you got them done before! :P I only really never got mine done 'cause you had to wear earrings for whatever number of weeks afterwards, and when I was small I thought that was an eternity, so I never bothered 'cause I knew I wouldn't like wearing studs for so long. :pac: That plus being a wimp. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Haha how are you all 17 too? Fellow TY skippers? :P

I'm 17! And I skipped TY too, yeah. I turn 18 the day after the offers :( won't even be 18 for the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

No you're not the only one! At the beginning I found them very tough! But after practicing like a million ones I got the hang of it! :) Just keep practicing them its the only way!

Ah it doesn't count if you got them done before! :P I only really never got mine done 'cause you had to wear earrings for whatever number of weeks afterwards, and when I was small I thought that was an eternity, so I never bothered 'cause I knew I wouldn't like wearing studs for so long. :pac: That plus being a wimp. :P

That's actually one of the reasons why I dunno if I'll bother getting mine done again :P That and the fact that my mother and sister can both only wear proper gold or silver earrings and that I'm probably the same, none of the cute little Penneys earrings for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Stop bragging about being young tweeps -.-

I know it's tempting but just like everything in else there is always someone younger/better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement