Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Lads stop talking bout piercings, I'm getting queesy :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

No and I never will :P I remember in Berlin in my room ppl were piercing other peoples ears with needles ugh nearly got sick :/ and yes I'm such a scaredycat :P

People still pierce there ears with needles? that must hurt so much. I wouldn't be able to get it done with a needle. The gun is quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Does anyone else have those days where you don't feel like studying? an then you don't do anything all

I call them weekdays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

People still pierce there ears with needles? that must hurt so much. I wouldn't be able to get it done with a needle. The gun is quicker.

Guns are horrible though, there's a thread in the Tattoos and Piercings forum which explains why (Historykitten, don't click :P) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

:(

Every time I hear people say 'gun' in relation to ear piercings it puts me off them. :o

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    Guns are horrible though, there's a thread in the Tattoos and Piercings forum which explains why (Historykitten, don't click :P) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287992

I've got my ears pierced 3 times I have two on each lobe and one in the cartilage on my right. I've never gotten any infections. One of the lobe piercing I got done somewhere in England when I was younger it was 50p each ear. I remember screaming for each ear(I was 7). It wasn't too bad when I was older but got it done over here. I'm not sure if I'm sensitive to penny's earrings though they seem to irritate my ears maybe because it's cheap metal/plastic. The ear lobe piercing feels more like a pinch and it hurts after for a while The cartilage piercing hurt the least suprisingly I didn't even feel it going through. I wouldn't get anymore piercings I only like the ears.

Togepi wrote: »
    :(

Every time I hear people say 'gun' in relation to ear piercings it puts me off them. :o

The guns aren't too bad it doesn't hurt . You should try it if you really want it done I was nervous about my 2nd lobe piercing worried it would hurt so much because I screamed in each ear the first time. It was nothing really after getting it done it's just like a pinch , if you want it done you'd see and wonder why you so were nervous about them. I wouldn't get it done if I had to use the needle I can't stand needles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Unfortunately I'm a curious cat and clicked it :o *shudders*
    seriously lads stop describing the piercings in vivid detail :(

I'm not clicking that link. :(

Ever!! :P

Unfortunately I'm a curious cat and clicked it :o *shudders*
    seriously lads stop describing the piercings in vivid detail :(
    I'm not clicking that link. :(

Ever!! :P

Haha I clicked the link I think those people have just had bad experiences with them. It's not half as bad. Or maybe it's the type of piercing that they got done.
    I didn't look at anything about the tattoos. I'm still wondering whether to get one or not I'm not a needle person, I might freak out at the sight of the needle. I never get injections done either I avoid them as much as I can. I can't believe we're talking about piercings lol.

• Advertisement

Strangely enough I really want a tattoo. :D The pain would me off though. Plus it'd take me ages* to decide on what to get or whether I should even get it or not.

*ages = at least a year. Or two. Or three... :P

Haha I clicked the link I think those people have just had bad experiences with them. It's not half as bad. Or maybe it's the type of piercing that they got done.
    I didn't look at anything about the tattoos. I'm still wondering whether to get one or not I'm not a needle person, I might freak out at the sight of the needle. I never get injections done either I avoid them as much as I can. I can't believe we're talking about piercings lol.

Did you actually read the first post of the thread? They're not safe or hygienic in the least. People had bad experiences for those reasons.

Did you actually read the first post of the thread? They're not safe or hygienic in the least. People had bad experiences for those reasons.
    Yeah I saw that part , I'm not sure what the gun was like I know they changed something it might have just been the piercing though. Some places are alright.
    Strangely enough I really want a tattoo. :D The pain would me off though. Plus it'd take me ages* to decide on what to get or whether I should even get it or not.

*ages = at least a year. Or two. Or three... :P
    What tattoo would you get?

What tattoo would you get?

I'm not sure yet but it would be really small and I'd get it on my ankle, wrist or hip. :) Probably a little flame on my wrist though, I've been considering that one for a while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I've done a Hamlet essay now on Women and Revenge. Both were just 3 pages, I struggle to find things to write about in Hamlet.
    I think I'll do one more than that's probably enough for English paper 2.
    So I'll have done:
    A comparative
    A Plath and Larkin
    3 Hamlet

And I'll probably prepare a letter to the editor too, that's me done with English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'm not sure yet but it would be really small and I'd get it on my ankle, wrist or hip. :) Probably a little flame on my wrist though, I've been considering that one for a while. :)

I'm getting my ankle done after the leaving cert. The aftercare is such a pain in the ass during school.

I'm getting my ankle done after the leaving cert. The aftercare is such a pain in the ass during school.

What are you getting on it? :) I'll probably wait 'til I've been in college for a while before I get mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It's not just people having bad experiences with them, they really shouldn't be used at all.

http://news.bmezine.com/2005/01/31/do-piercing-guns-suck-bme-reviews-the-studex-system-75-the-publishers-ring/

Basically for ear lobe piercings they're PROBABLY not going to cause a huge amount of damage (depending on the type of gun used) but it's still risky. They should never ever be used for anything else, especially not cartilage as they can actually shatter it. They also cause scar tissue to form and cause healing to take longer.

:P

I'm getting scared about piercings now! :(

If you shouldn't use a gun *shudder* then what should you use? A needle? :eek:

Erm. Yeah.

• Advertisement

What are you getting on it? :) I'll probably wait 'til I've been in college for a while before I get mine.

523351589_95840e6851.jpg

One of these handsome young fellows. Except without the little poo hanging out the back of him :confused:

You should get it in the summer if you're gonna, having to put cream on every couple of hours between classes is so annoying especially if it's big.

I'm getting scared about piercings now! :(

Yes. :L If you don't like needles you don't have to look at it like. I'd prefer to look at it though, maybe I'm weird. I'll be getting my ear pierced with a 4mm needle in a few weeks :D

productimage-picture-autoclaved-piercing-needles-831_jpg_280x280_center_white_q85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

A passing thought...

Green eyes are sexy,

As ye were...

One of these handsome young fellows. Except without the little poo hanging out the back of him

You should get it in the summer if you're gonna, having to put cream on every couple of hours between classes is so annoying especially if it's big.

Aw that's cool, good idea leaving out the poo though. :P Thanks for the heads up! Mine would be roughly this size though. :pac:
    finality wrote: »
    Yes. :L If you don't like needles you don't have to look at it like. I'd prefer to look at it though, maybe I'm weird. I'll be getting my ear pierced with a 4mm needle in a few weeks

AgtimM

Eathrin wrote: »
    A passing thought...

Green eyes are sexy,

As ye were...

I have green eyes. Well green/grey.

It's a good idea to get the first one small though. My first one was like 4 hours, and i'm such a pussy and didn't know what to expect.

I'm getting some realism done in August and I was told it'd take 12-15 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I have greeny blue eyes. Am I in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I wanna get a tattoo sometime, hopefully next year. I know it's a catch-22 but I want it to be a good one :pac: I was thinking of getting 2 or 3 tattoos, probably just 2, of serotonin and dopamine, right next to each other somewhere. Maybe on opposite wrists or something. Why? :P Here's why: serotonin and dopamine are the two chemicals which make you feel warm and fuzzy and happy. People who are depressed have a deficiency, people who are happy most of the time have high levels. So that's why I'ma get a tattoo of them. :) Plus I think they look cool, nice neat straight lines FTW.

tumblr_kqer8dnyEm1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lt7dx61FdG1qzabkfo1_500.jpg

finality wrote: »
    It's not just people having bad experiences with them, they really shouldn't be used at all.

http://news.bmezine.com/2005/01/31/do-piercing-guns-suck-bme-reviews-the-studex-system-75-the-publishers-ring/

Basically for ear lobe piercings they're PROBABLY not going to cause a huge amount of damage (depending on the type of gun used) but it's still risky. They should never ever be used for anything else, especially not cartilage as they can actually shatter it. They also cause scar tissue to form and cause healing to take longer.

:P

Yep my lobes were pierced with a gun and I still get scar tissue in my ears flaring up 10 years later!

EDIT: And I have green eyes :cool:

• Advertisement

I love those tattoos. I know a guy with a labelled diagram of the heart tattooed on him and it's awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement