Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

finality wrote: »
    That kangaroo looks like it wants to punch the photographer in the face :L

Haha the baby kangaroo's Joeys are cuter
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKCACIjkNoh_hNnYIyc0-bydmHZyd8DECSW81KHKIz9O4wKM-RQg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I fed baby kangaroos before, omg, it was amazing <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Haha the baby kangaroo's Joeys are cuter
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKCACIjkNoh_hNnYIyc0-bydmHZyd8DECSW81KHKIz9O4wKM-RQg

That's adorable :)

I just found this thing, what the hell :/
    1339588109_ff33f65a05-thumb.jpg

and this thing is weird
    galago_1468951i.jpg

I don't want to look at animals anymore now :(

except for maybe

cute-cheetah-cub2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Lads, is it possible to learn 35 essays off in 10 days? Or should I just go crawl in a hole and cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Weather please give it a break!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I love lions, and giraffes. :D Giraffes really are the friendliest looking animal :)

Giraffes-dont-exist.jpg

I think it's amazing that we live in a world that gives rise to things like giraffes. I don't think a giraffe will ever look like an everyday thing to me, they're so magic looking. :P

In other news, I got a touch of the flu yday, still feeling it today but I had the best sleep ever last night. Does anyone else find when they have a touch of the flu they have amazing dreams? :pac:

In other news, I got a touch of the flu yday, still feeling it today but I had the best sleep ever last night. Does anyone else find when they have a touch of the flu they have amazing dreams? :pac:

I had a weird dream last night, though I don't have the flu. I was breaking into a fortress guarded by dragoons, trying to steal something from their leader's locker while someone held the door closed as they tried to get in. I didn't know what I was looking for though, I mean that might have been helpful. :L In the end I just took 3 handbags, then they weren't at the door anymore so we were worried that maybe they'd gone around to ambush us as we went back the way we came. So we went out that door, followed a leprechaun-rabbit hybrid which led us right out of the building but told us quite exasperatedly, "you don't think you're coming with me, do you?" It then disappeared into its burrow, and we ran around a hill to see a familiar stretch of countryside in front of us, we made it to this sanctuary and then I woke up. :rolleyes:

I think I've invented this alternate world in my head, like I'm sure I've dreamt about different parts of it before. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've got to the point where I can get too tired to study.
    I'll still study today from 12 no point on stopping the studying now. I kind of wish the lc was next wednesday it feels like it's getting really close fast but taking long to reach that day .

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I had a dream last night I was in Maths Paper 2 and I forgot to learn the theorems :eek:

I had a weird dream last night, though I don't have the flu. I was breaking into a fortress guarded by dragoons, trying to steal something from their leader's locker while someone held the door closed as they tried to get in. I didn't know what I was looking for though, I mean that might have been helpful. :L In the end I just took 3 handbags, then they weren't at the door anymore so we were worried that maybe they'd gone around to ambush us as we went back the way we came. So we went out that door, followed a leprechaun-rabbit hybrid which led us right out of the building but told us quite exasperatedly, "you don't think you're coming with me, do you?" It then disappeared into its burrow, and we ran around a hill to see a familiar stretch of countryside in front of us, we made it to this sanctuary and then I woke up. :rolleyes:

I think I've invented this alternate world in my head, like I'm sure I've dreamt about different parts of it before. :L

Sounds like a fun dream! Yeah, that sounds a bit crazy :P Let me try and recap what my dream was like..

First I was on this gigantic beach, like the beach went on for ages and ages, and it was in Australia :confused: Nobody said that it was Australia but I just knew it was. It was really nice weather at first, but I was lost, then the weather turned bad and there was lightning. I started running towards the sand dunes, they were really tall and I couldn't see over them. I kept on thinking in the dream "I'm like Bear Grylls!" because I was going to like, make my way home from the never-ending beach to Ireland all on my own. Strangely enough :P Even though I knew the beach was actually never-ending. Then it went to this place that I've dreamed about before, it's a big stately home and everyone's playing a musical instrument and dancing, and all the costumes are all like the Great Gatsby. The walls are decorated with like, neon tubes, and everyone's really really happy. It's so fun :D Most of the dream happened in the stately house, it was pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Just did the 2006 Maths Paper I seeing as I haven't done any Maths at all this year and got an A2! :D I'd love to get an A in Maths, but I think Paper II might just feck me over a bit! :/ I'm off to do 2005 Maths Paper I and see if I can get the A1 this time!

My dreams last night were extreeeemely weird. I actually cant remember most of them anymore but I remember waking up, feeling dizzy, falling back asleep and waking up extremely weirded out.

Oh wait, it was something to do with going to my house, realizing it was empty and haunted so I wanted my sister to open the door instead, and running to get her and everyone's heads were replaced by bird heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I was so overtired last night that I didn't dream at all! Hadn't slept for two days previous :pac:
    In other news I kinda got attacked at the cinema with me mates last night!

I was so overtired last night that I didn't dream at all! Hadn't slept for two days previous :pac:

What happened? :o

Also, don't mean to freak yis out or anything, but... TEN DAYS.

well me and a busload of mates went to see the dictaor. Before the movie even started this huge rough lookin lad came down to me shouting the odds and sayin I had been laughing at his gf. I told him to f**k off, that I didn't even know where he was sittin to laugh at her and to just sit back down and watch the movie. He proceeded to tell me he would cut me into pieces and then headbutted me! Then his gf came over and told him it wasn't me so he apologised and then went anddid the exact same thing to my friend. He got thrown out then and we watched the rest of the movie. Some people are idiots!

And yes, that freaked me out :pac:

Is it not 11?!?! O_O

Also, we have more pages here than than the 5th year thread. Around 3 times the posts in under half the time. Shame.

edit: it is 11. not that its much difference but it relieves me :o once it hits single digits i think ill die.

well me and a busload of mates went to see the dictaor. Before the movie even started this huge rough lookin lad came down to me shouting the odds and sayin I had been laughing at his gf. I told him to f**k off, that I didn't even know where he was sittin to laugh at her and to just sit back down and watch the movie. He proceeded to tell me he would cut me into pieces and then headbutted me! Then his gf came over and told him it wasn't me so he apologised and then went anddid the exact same thing to my friend. He got thrown out then and we watched the rest of the movie. Some people are idiots!

Jesus :eek: Hope you got her number ;) :L

Jesus :eek: Hope you got her number ;) :L
    I know! Ah well got me blood pumpin and there was no exercise involved :D Of course :p

http://www.studentxpress.ie/papers/seqsolns07.pdf
    Anyone able to explain 5(c)(i) to me? :o I've never really liked arithmetico-geometric series. :(
    I get Sn is just subbing values. xSn with the last two terms makes sense, multiplying them and adding their indices. But I dont get Sn - xSn at the part (n-1)x^n-1 minus (n-1)x^n = x^n? I see the minus operating on the n-1 makes it cancel with the other one, but n-1 and n are different powers, like x^2 and x^3, so how can you subtract them? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Patchy~ wrote: »
    http://www.studentxpress.ie/papers/seqsolns07.pdf
    Anyone able to explain 5(c)(i) to me? :o I've never really liked arithmetico-geometric series. :(
    I get Sn is just subbing values. xSn with the last two terms makes sense, multiplying them and adding their indices. But I dont get Sn - xSn at the part (n-1)x^n-1 minus (n-1)x^n = x^n? I see the minus operating on the n-1 makes it cancel with the other one, but n-1 and n are different powers, like x^2 and x^3, so how can you subtract them? D:

If I'm interpreting your difficulty correctly:

When we multiplied by 'x', the (x-1)^n-1 became (x-1)^n, which means it is the NEXT term. This means when we are subtracting, we simply ignore the (x-1)^n-1 term which is in the Sn line. Just subtract (x-1)^n from nx^n.

Only like powers subtract as you correctly stated.

• Advertisement

Ahhh right! I think I see it now :D
    Those things always trip me up :rolleyes: Thanks for the help :)

Ugh just spent 2 hours learning 10 chemistry experiments, so boring. :(

I'm thinking 8 hours of studying per day from now on.

What course do you wanna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've been studying since about 10.30 this morning, i'm gonna stop at 6.30 feck it like. I'm gonna try and do a year of French Comprehensions, a Backing Chords exercise for Music and the 2007 Economics Short Questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I just try not to think about how long I will study or how long I have been studying, I just write down a list of what I want to get done and do it. It's a lot less daunting then saying I'll study for x amount of time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I study all day :( With occasional exercise ^^

What course do you wanna do?

Engineering in Trinity I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I've been planning to study all day but its too hot and now Lord Of The Rings is on tv and I can't not watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Chavways wrote: »
    I've been planning to study all day but its too hot and now Lord Of The Rings is on tv and I can't not watch it.

Very True.

I did very little study today, feel really bad. Tried to concentrate but just kept playing "Pen-Throw" (a game I made up while studying involving the throwing of a pen in the air and catching it). I also made up a new game called "Syncronised Pen-Throw" which involves a blue, a red and a green pen being thrown in the air. Then I award the throw out of 10 depending on how high the pens were thrown, If I caught them and the general cohesion of the pens. My record is 8.

• Advertisement

I AM SO CLOSE TO FLASHCARDING ALL MY GEOGRAPHY ANSWERS AT LAST.
    OH GOD SO CLOSE.
    BUT THEN I WENT BACK ON THE INTERNET.

I have loads more to learn/browse over but these are the ones that will almost definitely come up. Makes it so much easier to learn :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement