Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Can't beat a good rant! Awh cringe to the max haha. It'd be far worse if your doctor was really hot. :P Like, when you're a boy and you've to go to the hot female doctor and let her do tests on you, I don't care what anyone says, it's pure embarrassing. :pac: Yeah it isn't fun, I can not wait to get my braces :D Like I said I can't help feeling that I've had my braces earlier my teenage years up until now would've been better. It sounds really self-pitying (and it is :P) but that's what I think. I'm always holding my lips pure shut in photos so my teeth won't appear. So pathetic. :L

Oh god yeah it would've been awful if he was really good-looking! :P Ah I can relate to the protruding teeth thing, I had a really bad overbite, and it's only improved a little bit. :cool: Had to wear a really bulky retainer to make my lower jaw stick out a bit more, couldn't talk when I had it in, even wore it to school for a while. :o I was advised to wear it in school if I could, but the way the orthodontist said it was like he expected me to be bullied because of it. :cool: Thankfully I didn't get one bit of hassle over it! :) I used to keep my mouth shut for photos when I had braces too, but it looked silly for me because the braces made my mouth look full. :pac: I also avoided photos most of the time. I regret it now because there's a good two or three year chunk of my life where I have no photos, it's kind of weird. :o

@HistoryKitten that's awful. :( The vet might have some pain killer for him that'll help him and then he can sort it out once he's not in as much pain. You'll have to really pamper him once he's better, he'll be fine in time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Togepi wrote: »
    Oh god yeah it would've been awful if he was really good-looking! :P Ah I can relate to the protruding teeth thing, I had a really bad overbite, and it's only improved a little bit. :cool: Had to wear a really bulky retainer to make my lower jaw stick out a bit more, couldn't talk when I had it in, even wore it to school for a while. :o I was advised to wear it in school if I could, but the way the orthodontist said it was like he expected me to be bullied because of it. :cool: Thankfully I didn't get one bit of hassle over it! :) I used to keep my mouth shut for photos when I had braces too, but it looked silly for me because the braces made my mouth look full. :pac: I also avoided photos most of the time. I regret it now because there's a good two or three year chunk of my life where I have no photos, it's kind of weird. :o

@HistoryKitten that's awful. :( The vet might have some pain killer for him that'll help him and then he can sort it out once he's not in as much pain. You'll have to really pamper him once he's better, he'll be fine in time. :)

Ah, handy enough :P Yeah I don't stay out of photos deliberately or anything, I still get embarrassed when I see them though. :o Chatting about braces on here is just making me anticipate getting them even more :pac: I was just watching this and I realised the Canadian accent sounds a bit Irish! o:

Hope your dog's better soon historykitten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Do you think my boss will fire me.

Details Here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056652449

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

People talking about how the leaving cert has become so much easier need to look at English paper 2, just going through 2001/2002 questions while ago and they're all waaaay more basic than they are now...

Also my caffeine intake is now so high that I can't sleep at night.

I feel like the whole world should see this :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Sadly I've been afflicted with the economic environment :( But hey, I know overpopulation always comes up. :P

For physical it'll be sedimentary rocks for sure :) Then probably some of the standard rock cycle / marine processes / plate tectonics / volcanoes / deformation ;)

Regional will be SW USA urban area, culture in SW USA maybe, contrast primary or secondary of 2 EU regions, maybe impacts of EU expansion but maybe not, and sec/tertiary in SW USA is also due up. Better go look for a possible Ireland q, whoops! :pac:

Aaaaaaand sadly I dont do geoecology so I cant make predictions there :P

oh thank god for you! Seems I've been on the right track :p aaah overpopulation my old friend :') yeah my teacher was on about impacts of EU expansion too :o is it bad that I still wanna avoid it? :pac:

but thank you Patchy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Is there only 3 possible biome essays which can come up?
    The biome type
    adaption of plants and animals in a biome
    How humans alter biomes .

I can only find 3 and most of the biome question which come up are one of those?
    Then for the soils I have 5 essays.
    I just need to learn them all properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

The biome type

I can only find 3 and most of the biome question which come up are one of those?

Naysus!
    I was just gonna learn how humans influence biomes, the general biome question with flora/fauna/soils, and then brown soils as a safety! Maybe I should go do more D:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The biome type

Influence of climate (2010)
    Main characteristics (2011,2008,2006)
    Plant and animal adaptions (2007)
    Alterations by human activity (2011, 2009, 2008, 2006)

That's my analysis of the biome questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

AnnaKin wrote: »
    oh thank god for you! Seems I've been on the right track :p aaah overpopulation my old friend :') yeah my teacher was on about impacts of EU expansion too :o is it bad that I still wanna avoid it? :pac:

but thank you Patchy :D
    Haha no its not bad at all :pac: It came up in 2011/2009/2007, dunno why people think its due up this year but I'll learn it anyway o.O

No problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I wish the sun would go away :( its such a distraction and my sisters got sun poisoning :/

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ConorSTF

I wish the sun would go away :( its such a distraction and my sisters got sun poisoning :/

There's no sun here in Cork. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I was at a BBQ for eight hours yesterday. Eight.
    I thought I had a leaving cert in a week?

Eathrin wrote: »
    I was at a BBQ for eight hours yesterday. Eight.
    I thought I had a leaving cert in a week?
    thank god I'm not the only one wasting valuable study time so I can enjoy the sun :P

I didn't study yesterday either I did try but I knew I wasn't taking in the information and decided it was best I left it for today.

Characteristics of biomes - I was thinking the answer would work for both the influence of climate and biome type if you just change the words.
    Then there's just the other two biomes questions.

I decided I'll actually keep the 5 poets that I've done Boland, Rich , Plath , Heaney and Kavanagh . So one of them has to come up. I'm good at writing answers on the the first three I'm not that good at Heaney. Kavanagh I'll be fine once I study him a bit more. I'm really hoping Rich or Plath will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Aaaaaaahhhh I was cleaning up around my room yesterday in the hope of stumbling across my missing geography notes (baby come home :() and I found my fabled Boland essay. SO HAPPY. I know she wont appear but it was the first time I ever scored 50/50 on a poetry essay and it was the hard 2011 question. The pride. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

How is everyone studying for Irish? Are ye learning off answers for the poems and stories or just knowing a broad outline of the poems and stories and using phrases? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

^^^ Winging it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I decided I'll actually keep the 5 poets that I've done Boland, Rich , Plath , Heaney and Kavanagh . So one of them has to come up. I'm good at writing answers on the the first three I'm not that good at Heaney. Kavanagh I'll be fine once I study him a bit more. I'm really hoping Rich or Plath will show up.
    Almost the same as me, just replace Boland with Kinsella. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm not even bothering to look at poetry or pros... they're only 30 marks like. I'll learn off a few essays but that's it.

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    I'm not even bothering to look at poetry or pros... they're only 30 marks like. I'll learn off a few essays but that's it.

They're easy marks though if you just look over them.

Hey finality, you know in the Physics 2006 Q3 experiment, why is c = 4f*(l + .03d)? It doesn't explain it anywhere in the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

I got more marks for Géibheann than I will writing about one of the poems under 4 headings :L

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

finality wrote: »
    They're easy marks though if you just look over them.

Oh I know what they're about alright from class, I just don't get why so much people write out loads of notes for them and learn them off. IY makes no sense :L

It takes so long to write out answers. I've started to type them up you get it done much quicker.

Hey finality, you know in the Physics 2006 Q3 experiment, why is c = 4f*(l + .03d)? It doesn't explain it anywhere in the book.

I think it's just a formula. Do you have real world physics? Look at page 204/205

I might try to avoid waves...we never did them properly in class and I hate them.

I think it's just a formula. Do you have real world physics? Look at page 204/205

I might try to avoid waves...we never did them properly in class and I hate them.

Yeah it is, I don't get why it's not just c = 4fλ tho :s I think it might be that λ = l + 0.3d. I hate sound hey, prob one of the toughest chapters in the book.. Aye deffs, Young's experiment is the hardest one in the book by a mile :L I'm just going to avoid it altogether despite it being up last year. I'm going to learn the other stuff tho. A sound experiment is due up this year AFAIK

Yeah it is, I don't get why it's not just c = 4fλ tho :s I think it might be that λ = l + 0.3d. I hate sound hey, prob one of the toughest chapters in the book..

The antinode lies a small distance - called the end correction - outside the pipe. This is approximately equal to 0.3d, where d is the internal diameter of the pipe.
    Thus we have λ/4 = l + 0.3d
    Thus: λ = 4(l + 0.3d)

:P

The antinode lies a small distance - called the end correction - outside the pipe. This is approximately equal to 0.3d, where d is the internal diameter of the pipe.
    Thus we have λ/4 = l + 0.3d
    Thus: λ = 4(l + 0.3d)

:P

Sound!* What's the ':P' about there? Shocked at how simple it is? :pac: Y'know, It's a balls when ya read someone's post, and reply to it, and they edit their post after you reply, then you edit your post to reply properly, then the person replies to your un-edited post. Just happened there now. Wild awkward. :L:L
    yeeeeeeah!*

edit: just realised what you posted was right next to the experiment. oh lord I feel silly hahah

• Advertisement

justifying not studying because I'm fixing the old CAO ... I dunno what I wan't anymore :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement