Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Something like that could come up with the eucharistic congress couldn't it?

(Shweet. :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Priests seriously need to get off whatever power drive their on IMO.

Ah ya can't generalise like that though. There's plenty of priests like that but there's sound ones too

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Togepi wrote: »
    Something like that could come up with the eucharistic congress couldn't it?

(Shweet. :D)
    I'd probably lose aload of marks for non-sensical off-topic rambling if something like that did come up though :L

Any Irish buffs wanna help me out? What's a drug addict as Gaeilge? Forgot my dictionary in school :pac:

• Advertisement

Any Irish buffs wanna help me out? What's a drug addict as Gaeilge? Forgot my dictionary in school :pac:

andúileach

Edit: Well that's addict anyway... Maybe just throw drugaí on the end of it or something like "Chuaigh an t-ainniseoir i muinín na ndrugaí agus as sin amach ba andúileach amach is amach é"

'Duine gafa' is an addicted person. There's a better way of saying it than that I'm sure, but I can't think of it now. :cool:

Edit: I thought 'andúileach' meant the sellers. You learn something new everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Eathrin wrote: »
    Anybody else still going to school?
    I'll be in as much as I can over the next month.
    I'll miss the 'oul place.
    We haven't finished the classics course so I still have to go in

andúileach
    GRMA!

Togepi wrote: »
    'Duine gafa' is an addicted person. There's a better way of saying it than that I'm sure, but I can't think of it now. :cool:

Edit: I thought 'andúileach' meant the sellers. You learn something new everyday!

Yeah I'm not sure but I think I wrote something like that in my "Gafa" essays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Right, i'm off to do some reading. Getting up at 6am tomorrow morning, hopefully get studying by 7am. I've decided to disregard the Regional geography for a while- there's just so much to learn, I start learning feel overpowered, nearly have a breakdown and don't do any more. I'm going to get the Physical and 3 Geoecology essays learnt tomorrow (Plant/Animal Adaptations to the Biome, Composition and Characteristics of Brown Earth Soils and Human Influence on Soils). I have to get it done tomorrow, 9 days like :/:(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

French, over the last few weeks, has actually become by far my favourite subject! At the start of the year I wasn't great at it, but I worked really hard for the oral and with that my general standard improved a lot. I now always leave it to the end of the day to study because I actually really enjoy writing in French, especially the short stories in Q1! I don't mind the listening too much either :) It's actually such a nice language.

I must be the only feeling confident about the leaving cert :P

(Apart from the dreaded Irish paper 2 :()

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Grad mass tomorrow and I'm nearly crying about leaving my year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Wesc. wrote: »
    French, over the last few weeks, has actually become by far my favourite subject! At the start of the year I wasn't great at it, but I worked really hard for the oral and with that my general standard improved a lot. I now always leave it to the end of the day to study because I actually really enjoy writing in French, especially the short stories in Q1! I don't mind the listening too much either :) It's actually such a nice language.

I must be the only feeling confident about the leaving cert :P

(Apart from the dreaded Irish paper 2 :()

I love French too, mainly just because I love the language. :D It's very enjoyable. I'm feeling pretty confident too but I'm always trying to keep in mind that it could be false confidence and so I keep studying hard haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone else ever get a song stuck in your head when you're trying to study?

Does anyone else ever get a song stuck in your head when you're trying to study?
    All the time! It's always Ben Howard for some reason. Look up Only Love and you'll see why! What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

All the time! It's always Ben Howard for some reason. Look up Only Love and you'll see why! What about you?

It changes all the time. Today it was Denmarks eurovision song. I think last week I had Maroon 5 Payphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

Hey guys, looking for a manageable fourth subject for fifth year. Was thinking either Biology or Geography. My instinct would be to go with geography, but then I wont have a science subject. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Oh course we're talking about extremists! :), There is a school of thought out there that while belief/faith/delusion can be comforting to individuals it inevitably affects others. It can make good people do bad things as they feel they have ''permission from god''. Why else would someone take a knife to a newborns genitalia other than feeling it's divinely right?

Oh and teaching children in school to accept things on faith rather than evidence is not a positive thing! Lets get them questioning, not accepting.

Yes, teaching people what to believe is wrong, but faith itself isn't. I thought I said that if someone's beliefs don't harm anyone, there's nothing wrong with them? If I didn't. I meant to. I said I wasn't talking about extremists because I wasn't, I'm just talking about your everyday person who gets comfort from the thought that their life is meaningful or that there's someone watching over them. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of religion, watching a Louis Theroux thing on the Westboro Baptist Church (again). Bitches be acting crazy, ugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm a Pastafarian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Constantly, and for tests too. This was going through my head all through the mocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I believe in Iron Man.
    He will come, he will save us.

I don't know what happened but now my boards is zoomed in a lot, how do I make it normal again? :(

(Ctrl, -)

??

Eathrin wrote: »
    (Ctrl, -)

??

MY SAVIOUR

Honestly if I were helping I would have given you a key combination that would temporarily disable your computer for the next month:pac:

Eathrin go to sleep have you not got school in the morning? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Are people still going to school? o_O

• Advertisement

Yes. :(

Going to go in until Thursday because I'm lazy and there's no way I'd get as much done by staying at home. :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement