Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Martin_94 wrote: »
    What did ya do? Must have been pretty bad to get banned from AH :pac:

Not at all.
    I was bored so I started a thread called "How do I start a thread on Boards.ie". I thought it was funny, anyway banned for a week.:(
    Haha thats a pretty harsh ban :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Haha thats a pretty harsh ban :pac:

When I got the message saying I was banned I replied "How would I go about replying to this message". I know it's childish but still.....I've been studying all day, I need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

David1994 wrote: »
    I know its annoying :P

I usually forget to go back to it though lol. Then the learning process starts again... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I usually forget to go back to it though lol. Then the learning process starts again... :rolleyes:

The joys of Leaving Cert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Have the trig proofs ever come up outside question 6? If they haven't then I'm definitely not doing them, I can always make a decent stab at the other option for that question seeing as we've covered it fairly well. I don't recall seeing them in the papers at all. I'd be kicking myself if they came up with a construction as one question though, I can pretty much do all the constructions in my sleep! (Doing DCG actually has it advantages.) :eek: :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Have the trig proofs ever come up outside question 6? If they haven't then I'm definitely not doing them, I can always make a decent stab at the other option for that question seeing as we've covered it fairly well. I don't recall seeing them in the papers at all. I'd be kicking myself if they came up with a construction as one question though, I can pretty much do all the constructions in my sleep! (Doing DCG actually has it advantages.) :eek: :p

trig proofs come up in q 5 no ? but the could possibly appear on q 8 ... and if they want us to do well :rolleyes:
    unless you're talking bout geometry proofs for q6 ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

trig proofs come up in q 5 no ? but the could possibly appear on q 8 ... and if they want us to do well :rolleyes:
    unless you're talking bout geometry proofs for q6 ? :P

Well there's no definite layout... They could show up anywhere :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@HistoryKitten someone mentioned them coming up in question 6 but I've never seen them there. :P

@YeaaahFaoiSin exactly! Hopefully they'll be nowhere on the paper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

woo 88% on the chemistry paper I did earlier, definitely an improvement on my C2 in the mock :L God an A2 in chemistry would be amazing, just gotta keep working at it. I think I'll redo the mock tonight and see if I do any better this time.

Togepi wrote: »
    @HistoryKitten someone mentioned them coming up in question 6 but I've never seen them there. :P

@YeaaahFaoiSin exactly! Hopefully they'll be nowhere on the paper. :D
    Never seen them in 6 but sure yeah they don't have any proper layout yet so expect the unexpected crap .. Personally I think we will get loads of proofs this year for p1 and 2 :P I have my own little predictions on maths done out in my notes :) I wouldn't freak out bout it though if you're given proofs you can make them up as you go along if you know the jist of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Lads any predictions for history HL? I'm banking on nazi propoganda, coleraine and cumann na ngaedhl 1923-1932. I know eucharistic congress is hottly tipped but it's soo boring i can't bring myself to learn it! :( And hopefully india or france for documents ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

STILL can't get my timing down!

I'm seriously freaking out I can't get any English, Geography or Home Ec questions done in the allotted time!

I'm not gonna get the papers finished because of the fact I just physically cannot write fast! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I think English will be my only time demanding exam.
    I can't think of ideas quickly enough in that exam.

Manic2 wrote: »
    STILL can't get my timing down!

I'm seriously freaking out I can't get any English, Geography or Home Ec questions done in the allotted time!

I'm not gonna get the papers finished because of the fact I just physically cannot write fast! :(:(

Best thing to do is start bullet pointing the **** outta your answers when you've got ten minutes left. Proves to the examiner you knew everything asked of you it was just a matter of running out of time. Should pick up some extra marks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Best thing to do is start bullet pointing the **** outta your answers when you've got ten minutes left. Proves to the examiner you knew everything asked of you it was just a matter of running out of time. Should pick up some extra marks! :)

You're a genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lads any predictions for history HL? I'm banking on nazi propoganda, coleraine and cumann na ngaedhl 1923-1932. I know eucharistic congress is hottly tipped but it's soo boring i can't bring myself to learn it! :( And hopefully india or france for documents ;)

Cultural nationalism, treaty negotiations/civil war, social problems in britain/germany inter war years

Same for documents, katanga makes very little sense and india is so easy

Manic2 wrote: »
    You're a genius!!

I do try haha! ;)

Cultural nationalism, treaty negotiations/civil war, social problems in britain/germany inter war years

Same for documents, katanga makes very little sense and india is so easy

What about Stalin's show trials? Yes I've heard economic and social problems during the inter war years are likely too. Would love to avoid Sunningdale it's far too political, Coleraine would be bliss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eathrin wrote: »
    You should try Geography. Absolute joke of a subject. An essay (albeit about 1 and 3/4's of a page) has to be done every 12 minutes. Hate it. And to make matters worse they've started changing the exam structure and adding in weird bits and pieces into questions that no-one has ever seen before. Between it and Hamlet i'll actually die. Gahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

You should try Geography. Absolute joke of a subject. An essay (albeit about 1 and 3/4's of a page) has to be done every 12 minutes. Hate it. And to make matters worse they've started changing the exam structure and adding in weird bits and pieces into questions that no-one has ever seen before. Between it and Hamlet i'll actually die. Gahhh

Still, I'd take half an hour in an exam to write 2 pages, mainly because I like thinking of original material and not learned off crap. Even had I stuff learned off 12 minutes is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Geography is the greatest subject everrrrrrrrrr :D My answers are only 1 and 1/4 pages long and my options 2 and 1/2 :P I had 20 minutes to spare in the mock and people were just looking at me like what the fuuuckkk :L
    But yeah, it's such a handy subject!

Paper 1 should be fine. Paper 2 it's the hard one there's so much to write. And do the unseen poem. I hope I don't run out of time. It takes me long to write them.

History is way worse at least 4 pages in about 40 mins and its not just laying down facts its bout discussion and arguing your point and laying your paragraphs right so it flows. its always changing you should see our ridiculous documents :P id kill to do geography :(

My last exam is Chemistry and I have about 5 days to study for it. Would ye suggest doing a little bit of work now but mainly leave till them days??
    Its just its hard finding time for it atm!

Lots of my answers in geography are more than a page. It takes me a little longer tan 12mins to get it done. It's so long though having the physical then regional and the elective plus another long essay. I really hope good regional questions come up I hate that part of geography.

My last exam is Chemistry and I have about 5 days to study for it. Would ye suggest doing a little bit of work now but mainly leave till them days??

I'm kinda in the same boat with economics. Doing absolutely nothing for it right now it's not worth wasting time knowing I'll have five solid days for that one subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Love Irish Paper 1 - 2 hours to write an essay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

For geo I just RUSH the shorts, then I might do the option first afterwards, then rush the A parts. My teacher advised us to pick questions then do the atmosphere question first, then write on a rough sheet anything that comes to mind on your chosen core/elective questions. Might or might not do it in the exam, just thought yous might like the tip. :)

Oddly I dont think I was under time pressure in geography...I write like a maniac when under that kind of pressure. Then I go back once the damage is done and rewrite the words that are impossible to make out :L :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

If there's anything in it that you really don't understand it'd be worth looking at it now so that you get it. Then you can just revise over those 5 days rather than having to almost re-teach yourself certain aspects (which is what's happening to me with chemistry at the moment! :p)

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    If there's anything in it that you really don't understand it'd be worth looking at it now so that you get it. Then you can just revise over those 5 days rather than having to almost re-teach yourself certain aspects (which is what's happening to me with chemistry at the moment! :p)

Well at the moment I feel pretty good with Chemistry but I worry that I would have forgotten stuff by then :P I think I will just keep doing 30 mins a day of just looking over stuff so it is fresher in my head! Ahh..So much work...So little time..! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement