Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

David1994 wrote: »
    Well at the moment I feel pretty good with Chemistry but I worry that I would have forgotten stuff by then :P I think I will just keep doing 30 mins a day of just looking over stuff so it is fresher in my head! Ahh..So much work...So little time..! :(

I haven't looked at physics in over a month and applied maths in nearly a month so yeah..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »
    For geo I just RUSH the shorts, then I might do the option first afterwards, then rush the A parts. My teacher advised us to pick questions then do the atmosphere question first, then write on a rough sheet anything that comes to mind on your chosen core/elective questions. Might or might not do it in the exam, just thought yous might like the tip. :)

Oddly I dont think I was under time pressure in geography...I write like a maniac when under that kind of pressure. Then I go back once the damage is done and rewrite the words that are impossible to make out :L :L

I'm thinking of:
    • Slapping down the Option in 25 minutes (if it's something i've learnt hopefully)
    • Doing the shorts in 25
    • Picking my 3 Questions and do the part A's- 20 minutes
    • Spending- 30 minutes on Physical (B+C)
    • 30 Regional (B+C)
    • 30 Human Elective (B+C)

That's 160 minutes which is 10 minutes before the end I think! Hoping this works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

http://weknowmemes.com/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here/
    Wesc. wrote: »
    I haven't looked at physics in over a month and applied maths in nearly a month so yeah..... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

That's really funny! Really made me laugh thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

Does anyone know what the 'techniques' are in Cáca Milis? Saw it in my papers and was like woahh how do I answer this ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Not too sure...its all the stuff like how it zooms in on his mouth while hes eating to make us feel Catherine's disgust, and how the pause between "Ca bhfuil?" and "i do chaca milis" makes a bit of tension. I loved the latter, the former...it worked, but a bit too well, oh god :L

SeanMadd wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the 'techniques' are in Cáca Milis? Saw it in my papers and was like woahh how do I answer this ;)

It's deffo not coming up, Hurlamaboc is for sure! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Facial expressions,props,camera angles and clothing are the one's I'm doing.

Right... maybe I'll talk about the lighting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

It's a bit late, but I've finally realised I need to concentrate on everything but French, and probably should have for most of the year. :o As it stands my French grade is 20% higher than my next best grade. :eek:

English Paper II in nine days too, good lord I could not be less prepared for that paper if I tried. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I have proper notes on this somewhere, I can try to dig them out for you. One of the big things my teacher emphasises is the sounds - the noise of the train, the squeaking of the trolley, the distorted intercom - there are no nice sounds in the film. They're all eerie and foreboding.

Oh definitely eh? ;) Did you make the exam papers? :pac:
    Chavways wrote: »
    Facial expressions,props,camera angles and clothing are the one's I'm doing.

Facial expressions - Him eating cake. Catherine's disgust.
    Props - Cake. Raunchy novel. 'Worm' :rolleyes:
    Camera angles - Catherine's view. Footsie under the table.
    Clothing - Catherine's seductive woman-suit.

I think my interpretation of the movie has gone a bit..haywire :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Everybody take the advice of this stranger on the internet, Hurlamaboc is coming up.

leaveiton wrote: »
    I have proper notes on this somewhere, I can try to dig them out for you. One of the big things my teacher emphasises is the sounds - the noise of the train, the squeaking of the trolley, the distorted intercom - there are no nice sounds in the film. They're all eerie and foreboding.

Thanks! :D Ah yes, foreboding. My favorite word.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

My advice for Irish?

DO ORDINARY.

Best decision I ever made. :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Which two comparative themes are due to come up?

My advice for Irish?

DO ORDINARY.

Ah come on now, it's 40% for the oral, where would ya be going?! :P (JK!) :D

Oh definitely eh? ;) Did you make the exam papers? :pac:

Came up in the oh so indicative mocks, nice and easy for the first paper for the new course. There's no way caca milis, especially a ridiculously hard question on techniques, will ever come up, ever! Plus they gave the question in the samples so it won't be repeated!

Which two comparative themes are due to come up?

GV&V and Literary Genre apparently

Came up in the oh so indicative mocks, nice and easy for the first paper for the new course. There's no way caca milis, especially a ridiculously hard question on techniques, will ever come up, ever! Plus they gave the question in the samples so it won't be repeated!

Cáca Milis came up in the DEB mocks, so why isn't that 'oh so indicative'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Togepi wrote: »
    Ah come on now, it's 40% for the oral, where would ya be going?! :P (JK!) :D

Oral is ten times worse than the written! :P At least when you're writing there's Tippex, in the oral it's an awkward, GABH MO LEITHSCÉAL. :pac:

Namlub wrote: »
    Cáca Milis came up in the DEB mocks, so why isn't that 'oh so indicative'?

Just my logic, all I'm saying is I'd give plenty of study time to Hurlamaboc. At the end of the day, you can do whatever you wanna do! ;)

Oral is ten times worse than the written! :P At least when you're writing there's Tippex, in the oral it's an awkward, GABH MO LEITHSCÉAL. :pac:

I kept pausing to take a drink of water in mine, had an awful cold for it. :cool: But sure it's grand like, easy to waffle 'cause all you have to do is throw the word 'bhuel' in a few times! :P :D

My advice for Irish?

DO ORDINARY.

NO! :eek: I love Irish! :P
    Just my logic, all I'm saying is I'd give plenty of study time to Hurlamaboc. At the end of the day, you can do whatever you wanna do! ;)

I wouldn't even spend much time on them tbh aren't they only like, 5%? I'm not saying you shouldn't study them, just not put in hours for such a small percentage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I may actually come out of business with a B. I need that B. Badly. I'm not sure if I'll make my Aberdeen offer now.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I may actually come out of business with a B. I need that B. Badly. I'm not sure if I'll make my Aberdeen offer now.

Whats your offer? I applied to the uk as well. I need a B in business too.

Whats your offer? I applied to the uk as well. I need a B in business too.

AB2B2B2 in any subject (except ordinary maths) for MA Legal Studies and Political Science (Law by any other name). I'm not sure where my Bs will come from...that August morning will be horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

One day, I will be able to remember the really long title of that canal poem and it will be a glorious day. Probably sometime after the leaving. :p

I've completely lost the will to live at this stage. Last week was good, got a good bit done. Then since Saturday I've been like I've studied loads over the last 2 years, 1 week isn't going to make a difference, which is probably a really awful strategy but tomorrow I'll do work....hopefully.

I need to go learn paper 1 proofs too actually :S I'm leaving all the paper 2 proofs until the weekend before the exam because my long term memory is dreadful for those things, but I'm not sure if I should start sooner :S

I hope we get literary genre, I love it so much!

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    AB2B2B2 in any subject (except ordinary maths) for MA Legal Studies and Political Science (Law by any other name). I'm not sure where my Bs will come from...that August morning will be horrible.

Aw thats quite high. My last years Newcastle one was A1 A2 B1B1B1.
    Mine this year for the other university in Newcastle is 4B1s in my honours and a c3 in maths. Just try you best and see what happens. They might still take you if you do miss it or you might be able to ring up and get them to change their mind. Don't give up yet. I have to make sure I get all of those B1's and in business especially as it has business on the course. I have an insurance choice still.

• Advertisement

Aw thats quite high. My last years Newcastle one was A1 A2 B1B1B1.
    Mine this year for the other university in Newcastle is 4B1s in my honours and a c3 in maths. Just try you best and see what happens. They might still take you if you do miss it or you might be able to ring up and get them to change their mind. Don't give up yet. I have to make sure I get all of those B1's and in business especially as it has business on the course. I have an insurance choice still.

Yeah, usually their offers for that course are BBBC. I dunno though, I don't have an insurance choice so I really need this. I'd prefer it to Galway, I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement