Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

finality wrote: »
    I just woke up half an hour ago and looked at my watch and thought "Crap! I slept all day?"

Why did I wake up so early, I didn't get to sleep til 4am :(
    I'm the same except I know I have to be up at seven and I still only go to sleep around 3 or 4 :(
    Ok how can you survive with 4 hours sleep! If you actually want high points you need good sleep! studying like that isn't helping you and will make you do worse not better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Ugh I've never been good with the sleeping thing tbh, 5th year I only got 2 hours on average :/ just with worry and stuff I can't get till sleep till I've tired myself out reading or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I get an okay amount of sleep yet I have bags under my eyes atm...sexy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I get an okay amount of sleep yet I have bags under my eyes atm...sexy ;)
    My bags have bags at this stage :P falling asleep while doin Irish oh dear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I would've woken up early only I forgot that by alarm was set for 5pm :S. I keep waking up at 10am otherwise lol . I could've got much more done 'cause I'm going cinema later. I have a 2 hour grind session today for sequences and series. I'll just have to study after the cinema as well as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

This day week :( ... and I'm practically starting to study now...especially english...screwed for english!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

My bags have bags at this stage :P falling asleep while doin Irish oh dear :(

Haha don't be talkin, I was doing history yesterday and I was doing the study-sleep :P I was sitting there, wrecked tired but trying to focus, the pen just poised to write something, but before I'd get around to writing anything I'd conk out hahaha. Then I'd wake up and do it again, I think I got like 5 words written in the space of 20 minutes. :L:L In the end I just went to bed and took a nap. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Does anyone know if it's ok to use degrees instead of radians for most of maths paper 1? I'm doing argand diagrams and the marking scheme uses radians, but I'm much more comfortable in degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Does anyone know if it's ok to use degrees instead of radians for most of maths paper 1? I'm doing argand diagrams and the marking scheme uses radians, but I'm much more comfortable in degrees

I'm curious about this also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This studying yoke is so boring :mad: only doing it cos I'm not going to repeat again.

• Advertisement

I dont do Q3 but I remember on one of the Q's I do it counted a blunder as doing that. Just check if its says (-3) for "degrees" or something and if not it should be grand, but double check with your teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

So I posted this in another thread but no reply so wondering if ye guys could just give me a rough mark for this question.

Changing land use zones
    Urban land-use zones change over time.Land use change leads to planning issues.Planning is integral to the development of modern cities and the zones that develop neet to be managed by planners.
    The most important zones that need to be managed are residential,industrial,recreational,commercial and transport.
    The changing nature of cities leads to the constant flux of land use zones.
    One example of this land use change is Dublin City Centre.
    Divided by the River Liffey,Viking Dublin was established at Christchurch.This medieval served many functions as can be seen by its place names e.g. Cow's Lane and Exchange Street.
    The city expanded from this point in the centuries that followed.As Dublin grew,the use of these streets changed also.
    Dublin's CBD(Central Business District) shifted down river towards O'Connell Street and Grafton Street.The port function also changed as it is now located in Dublin's Docklands.
    The Docklands are a good example of a further recent change of land use as Dublin has grown from the port function of the 18th,19th and 20th century,
    This locality has changed to a residential,commercial and financial one with the development of apartments,shopping areas and the IFSC.
    Dublin has lost some functions and gained others,showing constant change in land-use.
    As the population of a region grows,the CBD in the region expands.The demand for services forces buildings upwards and outwards of the city centre.
    There are now more multi-storey buildings in the city centre than the suburbs due to high land value prices.One examle of this change can be seen in the change of the low rise structure of inner city residential dwellins built at the end of the 19th and early 20th century.
    These can be compared with the high-rise apartments of today along the banks of th Liffey.
    The same can be said for the areas in Dublin's Docklands ; Dublin has followed the development patterns of this area in England.
    The changes in London's Docklands occurred prior to those in Dublin and planners in Ireland were able to learn from the experiences there.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Anyone know how many times the proofs have come up in Maths Paper I? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Just curious, when's everyone's last exam? I'm finishing with DCG on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Just curious, when's everyone's last exam? I'm finishing with DCG on the 20th

Ag Science on the 21st (The most boring subject ever)

Business on the 14th :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

^ I thought I was off early until I read yours. :P

Chemistry on the 19th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

^ I thought I was off early until I read yours. :P

Chemistry on the 19th :)
    Music Composing- 4.45pm on the 21st of June! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Don't drop down, just wing it! Comprehensions will be graand as will the listening! Sure just bull s h i t on them opinion ones! ;)

I'm more fecked than you realise. Failed it for the JC and failed the mock. We got a new teacher who gives 2 comprehensions/opinions a night so internet solutions have become very very common lately :(

Hate how all the 5th years are off. It's torture. :(
    Still, who wants to go back to school after summer? ;)

• Advertisement

My plan today:
    11-1(Go in for Genetics block class)
    2-6(Biology revision)
    7-8(Look over Irish vocab and comprehension Q's)
    8-8:30(Irish listening)
    8:30-9:00(Do few chemistry calculations)
    9:00-10:00(Maths=Look over trigonometry and sequences and series)
    Read over Poetry quotes and Hamlet notes before bed :P

That means no Geography done today...Looks like Geography will take up most of my time tomorrow :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Had to go last night and missed a lot of the maths discussion, sadly :P
    She doesn't undestand the things herself? Ah jaysus lad :rolleyes: Probably did arts! Don't mean that as an insult but I think only sci/eng students should be allowed to go for maths jobs. Having said that most maths teachers I've had would've been science graduates, I had one engineering graduate as a teacher and he's ok (but he can't control a class for shíte), but the science graduates were still crap teachers. pacman.gif Maybe if the teachers actually enjoyed what they did they'd be better at it? confused.gif Yeah taking things back to basics helps so much. That's why I like Physics and science subjects, you can always explain the stuff in terms of simple building blocks. But yeah I agree with ya now, having a good teacher to give people a push in the right direction when studying something can be a great help!

Yep, she really doesn't get a lot of things :rolleyes: I've lost count of the amount of times she's been taking us through a problem from a worked solution in the book or online, and someone has asked a question about the topic as a whole and she just looks blankly and says "Oh, I'm not sure actually. I can check it for you," or the amount of times we've been doing something and she stops halfway through and goes "Actually let's leave this and come back to it later," purely because she doesn't understand. And yes, she did actually do arts :P Someone asked her one day what maths in college was like because they were interested in a course with maths in it, and she was all "Oh I did it through arts and it was lovely, but if you're going into Engineering or anything it'll be a lot harder. I mean I have a cousin now in first year Engineering and I don't understand the maths he's doing!" Yet she's qualified to teach LC Higher Level. :rolleyes:

Oh god, she sounds awful. My maths teacher did maths in trinity, he's a genius, I wish I could do maths like he does :')

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys- i've a really quick question to ask about Hamlet- nearly have all the essay plans inmy head apart from 4 I think and am going to do 1 last essay plan on a theme in the play- I'm in two minds between these 2, will anyone suggest which one I should do as i'm too indecisive and want to do both and I know I don't have time!:
    • Theme of Love
    • Theme of Revenge (Basically Hamlet/Laertes as avengers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh god, she sounds awful. My maths teacher did maths in trinity, he's a genius, I wish I could do maths like he does :')

Yeah she's terrible. One thing I've always like the idea of doing is maths teaching. Seeing awful teachers like that makes me want to do it even more :P Don't know if I ever actually will go into it but it's definitely an option for the future. I'm getting grinds from my sister's boyfriend, a chemical engineer with no actual qualifications in maths and he's actually 100 times better than she is. At least he understands what's going on! :P

Sometimes listening to music when studying is relaxing... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

My Maths teacher simply writes down examples from the book, on the board and rexplains them. Hasn't a notion or understanding of the deeper concepts in Maths and is unable to prepare students for higher level exam. Although she is the second best in my school!

Highest score In mocks was a bare pass. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My last exam is the 20th for economics.

I've did maths in the morning I have a 2 hour maths session. After Im going to the cinema when I get back I'll study geography and business or might to a English Rich essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Yeah it's ok, my teacher taught it in degrees and she said she's always taught it in degrees and it's fine.

And if it ever says to leave your answer in radians (has this ever happened?) then you just multiply your degrees by pi/180

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I stumbled upon my German Picture Stories and started panicking at the fact that I haven't revised them in so long... Then I remembered I already did my Oral :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement