Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Not going to lie, if your poet comes up I'll be pissed. :P

Yeah okay I get the idea, reiteration not needed:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Did that post twice? :o My Boards is acting so weird today. :cool: Anyway, on my computer it only shows it once, so sorry! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

My dad always kind of rhymes words, like 'doctor shmoctor' and stuff, and sometimes he says funny things like 'shoobie boobie' (thats shoe :P)

he just called TY
    wait for it

tranny-zition year.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

Patchy~ wrote: »
    My dad always kind of rhymes words, like 'doctor shmoctor' and stuff, and sometimes he says funny things like 'shoobie boobie' (thats shoe :P)

he just called TY
    wait for it

tranny-zition year.

Hands down, the best post of the week.

Hold the phone.
    Where is AlmightyDublin!?
    The fecker, you'd think he was studying or something >_>
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    Hold the phone.

You always notice when people go :P
    ha he's moved on to bigger and better threads I believe :P or just studying idk :P

Hold the phone.

If I remember correctly he's only been on like once or twice in the last like, FOREVER!! :eek:

Maybe he's still posting in the old thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Hold the phone.

Baby-faced fecker is studying like a good lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Which poet are you doing Cian? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

Want to get a part time job for summer but I'm unsure of how to go about it it's my first one. For places like New Look, do you just send in your CV? Oh yeah, lol to the Manager I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Patchy~ wrote: »

he just called TY
    wait for it

tranny-zition year.

Haha we always call the TYs in my school trannys :L

Could anyone tell me what OL Maths theorems could come up in paper 2? This is what dropping down at the last minute does to ya :L can't find them on the Internet, but then again I'm slow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Haha we always call the TYs in my school trannys :L

Could anyone tell me what OL Maths theorems could come up in paper 2? This is what dropping down at the last minute does to ya :L can't find them on the Internet, but then again I'm slow :(

http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Syllabuses_and_Assessment/LC_Maths_for_examination_in_2012.pdf

Section 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

My plan for study today, can't wait to get some of this stuff out of the way :)

• Philip Larkin 1 hour
    • Literary Genre 1 hour
    • Dramatic Scene Hamlet 1 hour
    • Factors influencing Soil characteristics 1 hour
    • Theme of Loyalty/Betrayal 1 hour
    • Revise Plant/Animal Adaptations 1 hour
    • 5/6 Human Elective Essays 2/3 hours
    • Human Influence on Soils 1 hour
    • Regional Geography 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Ugh, we did that enlargements question from 2011 and it was disgusting. Starting to wonder if P2 will bring me up or drag me down. I cant get excited for college at all because I'm too afraid of maths. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ardgord12

Anyone have a clue what biomedical science in cork Will go up to? It was 495 last year, im goen for 535 in the leaving. Will that be enough since the extra points for maths etc? :-/

If courses go up by 20 points this year because of Maths I'm fecked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm do nervous about the points increase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

The course requirements will go up by at least 50 points this year.
    Be afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

Is it only courses 400+ that will increase alot?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

smithy77 wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

*Phew* My top 3 are around the 300-350 mark:D

I'll need 625 to be safe :cool: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ardgord12 wrote: »
    Anyone have a clue what biomedical science in cork Will go up to? It was 495 last year, im goen for 535 in the leaving. Will that be enough since the extra points for maths etc? :-/

No one has any idea unfortunately, don't take anyone's wild guesses into consideration when you're sorting out your CAO form, just do your best in the LC and you can worry about what the points will be later.
    reznov wrote: »
    The course requirements will go up by at least 50 points this year.
    Be afraid. :(

Ignore any ridiculous statements like this. Some people find it amusing to try and scare people about points. Very clever.
    smithy77 wrote: »
    Yes.

And ignore answers like this. No one knows for sure how much points will rise or fall by as it is determined by how all of you do in the Leaving Cert. Courses at any points range can increase or decrease depending on the points achieved by those applying for it. Do the very best you can do in the LC, there's nothing you can do about the point increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I'll need 625 to be safe :cool: :pac:

Don't be clever, you're scaring people with your high requirements. :cool:

Finally finished going to school! I'm actually going to miss my French and Maths classes, they were so lovely, had great craic in both. ^_^ Plus I love French! <3 And Maths was actually fun because my classmates were really sound, we had such nerdy conversations in that class. :') <3

finality wrote: »
    Which poet are you doing Cian? :P

Sylvia Plath, I used to be unique in my school in doing Plath but then everybody started jumping on the bandwagon:mad:
    Just to clarify, is there usually one female poet or just one minimum on the exam, because 1 in 3 is a biiit risky.

Just to clarify, is there usually one female poet or just one minimum on the exam, because 1 in 3 is a biiit risky.

Since around 2000 there's always been one. Last year and one other year had two. Seeing as two were on last year, I would say it's more likely that one (or none) come up this year. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sylvia Plath, I used to be unique in my school in doing Plath but then everybody started jumping on the bandwagon:mad:
    There has *usually* been one, yes. There's no rule, and no guarantees.

And 1 in *8* is more than a bit risky, you're good enough at maths to know that! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Havent really thought much about poetry yet, is everyone taking risks or learning all 5? Might go with Plath, Rich, Kavangh and Frost. Boland can gwaan awaay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement