Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Can't work out who to direct this reply to! But we got a really simple geometry proof by contradiction as follows:

To prove: No triangle can have more than one right angle.

Given triangle ABC. Angle A and angle B are both right angles.
    Angles in a triangle add to 180. A + B + C = 90 + 90 + C = 180
    --> C = 0 --> Not a triangle
    This contradicts the given fact that ABC is a triangle, therefore there can only be at most 1 right angle in a triangle.

Is this the one you guys are looking for?
    Thanks! Yeah I think that's it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Yep, but I've missed the last two. Are they worth listening back to?

I think so. They're all in podcasts on iTunes anyway, I listen to them on the bus to the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

We talked about this mister :P You will not be repeating :) you'll be off to college next year :) You need to have more confidence in yourself patch :)
    If anyone will be repeating, it will be the girl who decided to have a part time job the last 2 years :P

I think everyone on this board should repeat so we can repeat the Craic next year. :cool:
    Anyone up for Leaving Cert 2kForever?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    I think everyone on this board should repeat so we can repeat the Craic next year. :cool:

I could guarantee you the 625 if I repeated :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Omg I saw the video S club 3 they're so awful apart from Bradley.
    They're ruining the songs now they don't all sing in tune. I used to love S Club :). It feels weird watching 3 sing the song and not 6/7.
    Did you see the video of them singing live?

Yeah the one on an Australian morning show? It had pointless backing dancers to make it look like there were 7 on stage :L Jesus Paul looks awful. He's totally milking it though, I say he ran out of money. He left the band, he has no right to come back and act like nothing happened!!!
    Does anyone remember the S Club 7 film "Seeing Double"? Oh god guys, I can't even remember what it was about, I just remember it being the best.

Haha that was great! The whole Rachel-Gareth Gates love story :L

• Advertisement

I could guarantee you the 625 if I repeated :P

Here's our first brave and confident volunteer, ladies and gentlemen!
    More power to you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Yeah the one on an Australian morning show? It had pointless backing dancers to make it look like there were 7 on stage :L Jesus Paul looks awful. He's totally milking it though, I say he ran out of money. He left the band, he has no right to come back and act like nothing happened!!!

Haha that was great! The whole Rachel-Gareth Gates love story :L

Yeah that one. He looks awful I nearly didn't recognise him. And Bradley in his pigtails he looks so funny. The don't sing the songs in the same way. Bradley still has the voice the others not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I have lost all motivation the only think I've done today was 4 biology chapters

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

this time next week, il be saying this time next week, il be saying this time next week, il be finished the leaving cert......

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

this time next week, il be saying this time next week, il be saying this time next week, il be finished the leaving cert......

Cannot wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Today is going to be a lovely day! It's my raining and I'm going to head down to my school for ten, find an empty classroom, and study biology for endless hours. And, this morning I'm having strawberries with my bran flakes.

Life is super. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Lads, I just went to say "in June"...

But...

It is June D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Hard to believe it isn't it?

Time flew so quickly

Yet it dragged by all the same! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Ah I can't believe I'm studying today on my birthday the joys of the LC lol
    6days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

6days.

Happy birthday Mysteriouschic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

6days.

Happy birthday!! :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

6days.

Happy Birthday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

6days.

Don't worry, you're not alone! I'll be studying on my birthday too, finish the next day :(
    Happy birthday anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

6days.

Happy birthday! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I really hope Heaney comes up, not because I'm "banking" on him but because I think his poetry is great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Is it actually possible to learn the whole biology course at this stage, or I mean get at least a C3? Any tips on what chapters and experiments I should know to get me a decent grade

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Is it actually possible to learn the whole biology course at this stage, or I mean get at least a C3? Any tips on what chapters and experiments I should know to get me a decent grade

Learn unit 1 and unit 2-every year it accounts for between 70-80% of the paper believe it or not. Unit 3 is massive, but focus on things like human reproduction which comes up nearly every year.
    For experiments, I'm not sure but the enzyme ones are pretty easy and may come up. Also the IAA plant one may come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Mayo_Boy wrote: »

I'd say work on exam papers at this stage. Correct them using the marking schemes because sometimes it's hard to know what they're look for.

Happy birthday mysteriouschic! :)

Also lads I dont know if I said it last night omg, I dont need to pass maths to get into my first choice and the points are 410...lads...I'M GOING TO COLLEGE :cool:

(bet I just jynxed myself)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Happy birthday mysteriouschic! :)

Also lads I dont know if I said it last night omg, I dont need to pass maths to get into my first choice and the points are 410...lads...I'M GOING TO COLLEGE :cool:

(bet I just jynxed myself)

You've failed right there and then. Complacency killed the confident student.

On a less grimacing note, happy birthday Mysteriouschic. Hope your dreams of 625 come true, as I'm sure you have no other dreams in life.

When I was four and my parents queried me as to who I wanted to become, I sternly replied: "A 625 points, straight A1 student." This was before the project Maths fiasco had even erupted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Happy Birthday Mysteriouschic! :) I'm celebrating the occasion by studying Sylvia Plath. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Happy Birthday :D And don't worry Patchy :P Whenever I get the slightest bit confident about something I have to hold back cause I think I'll jinx it :p

reznov wrote: »
    You've failed right there and then. Complacency killed the confident student.
    Oh no, I'm still aiming for my 500+, complacency will not catch me :cool: If anything I'll be more at ease and able to do my maths exam :pac:
    Happy Birthday :D And don't worry Patchy :P Whenever I get the slightest bit confident about something I have to hold back cause I think I'll jinx it :p
    Lol ugh same, I just couldnt resist though, had to tell someone :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

6days.
    Happy happy birthday :) Don't study too much today :) Little break can't hurt :)
    Joey. wrote: »
    Don't worry, you're not alone! I'll be studying on my birthday too, finish the next day :(
    Happy birthday anyway :D
    Oh Joey I member you telling me that :( we have to do something after economics, like our whole class :P last class to have an exam in that school :P
    ha btw did you hear the roof is coming off while we are doing the leaving ? :rolleyes: our school truly hates us :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement