Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Martin_94 wrote: »
    When you stated 2-50 you were referring to shareholders, nice try though.

"I don't care about what the syllabus requires" I find this statement very surprising.

Shareholder max I got incorrect. Initial formation is two. Two members initially. Read my edit.

Yes I don't care. I was just discussing it in general, not answering a question on the LC paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

reznov wrote: »
    Shareholder max I got incorrect. Initial formation is two. Two members initially.

Agreed. ;)

Agreed. ;)

Good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yes I don't care. I was just discussing it in general, not answering a question on the LC paper.

Keeping the on-topic stuff off-topic.
    Respect.

Good. :)

But I didn't misinform the public as my statement was correct. :D

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Keeping the on-topic stuff off-topic.
    Respect.

Well I didn't give 4 points of information and did not state my point, nor have I given an example. :O

I'd be docked all marks.

But I didn't misinform the public as my statement was correct. :D

You were absolutely correct about the 1 to 99 shareholders. Not arguing that as I know you can have a single member LTD. However, you do need two individuals initially as it is the requirement. They own a stake in the firm.

You were absolutely correct about the 1 to 99 shareholders. Not arguing that as I know you can have a single member LTD. However, you do need two individuals initially as it is the requirement. They own a stake in the firm.

I'm glad we can agree on that. What result did you get in the mock?

I'm glad we can agree on that. What result did you get in the mock?

I came in 40 - 50 mins late for the exam. Only got about 65% of the paper done. Lost 15 marks out of all I answered. Full marks in ABQ if I recall correctly. Just messed up my calculation analysis as I was rushed to finish.

I came in 40 - 50 mins late for the exam. Only got about 65% of the paper done. Lost 15 marks out of all I answered. Full marks in ABQ if I recall correctly. Just messed up my calculation analysis as I was rushed to finish.

I found the timing tough, I was writing right up to the end. My biggest concern is the ABQ and writing too much and not leaving myself with enough time.

• Advertisement

I found the timing tough, I was writing right up to the end. My biggest concern is the ABQ and writing too much and not leaving myself with enough time.

I was flying through the exam. Upset I didn't receive a schedule update. I enjoy business, and suffer the above problems too. ABQs are actually quite fun but the timing is hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I was flying through the exam. Upset I didn't receive a schedule update. I enjoy business, and suffer the above problems too. ABQs are actually quite fun but the timing is hell.

you find the timing tough ? :O I was left with a good 25 mins in mine. How long do ye spend on questions ?

you find the timing tough ? :O I was left with a good 25 mins in mine. How long do ye spend on questions ?

What did you get on the mock?
    Timing is tough, especially for the fact that you must cram the ABQ in 40 mins max.
    I find timing for English tough also.

Business is probably my favourite, maybe second favourite subject. I got a B2 in the mocks but the standard in our class is extremely high, with most of the class receiving B's and a few getting A's. I messed up the first question and I forgot to evaluate another so I lost 20-30 marks which I was realy disappointed with. I'm hoping that I will receive an A in the LC but I fear that the high standard within the class may prevent this due to the bell curve that must be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I did an extra question in business and I think I had time left over...but my teacher kinda disapproved of my extra question. I think it helped, I forget my individual results but I did awfully in one. I also should have read over stuff, I made some silly mistakes in wording etc. Still got a B3 but I was honestly expecting a D, I made up the technology stuff and didnt know what EDI even was, I was so vague :pac:

History's the only one I imagine time trouble with. I finished my English P1 and P2 around an hour early? :confused: I wrote tons too and was just a few marks off an A so it wasnt a case of bad answering.

Timing is tough, especially for the fact that you must cram the ABQ in 40 mins max.

The timing in English is fairly tough, I ended up writing 11 pages for the literary genre so I had little time for the poetry and Hamlet. Geography has to be the worst for timing though.

Business is probably my favourite, maybe second favourite subject. I got a B2 in the mocks but the standard in our class is extremely high, with most of the class receiving B's and a few getting A's. I messed up the first question and I forgot to evaluate another so I lost 20-30 marks which I was realy disappointed with. I'm hoping that I will receive an A in the LC but I fear that the high standard within the class may prevent this due to the bell curve that must be maintained.

Hoho. The bell curve. About 4 people in my class are reckoned to get As according to my teacher. Mainly C/B students are in my class. I'm not basing myself on the class, instead on the national scale. *Benefits of benchmarking here*

11 pages? Geez. That's insane.

How much do you write on each? My biggest problem is writing too much. The ABQ usually takes me awhile too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

84% but should have been 85%, it was added up wrong but my biz teacher wouldn't put it up :rolleyes: He knows it annoyed me because i'm an A1 student in biz and he made the mock - examcraft :pac:
    hmmm, I find 40 mins for the ABQ tough sometimes but I can fly through long and short questions so I always use leftover time to go over ABQ and fill in ties... believe it or not, I never read the ABQ until the end when i'm going back over it :L

Don't worry bout the high standard in your class hun, just know your stuff and know it well :) If your answers are right, they are right and you must be awarded the marks :)
    @Martin 94 couldnt really give you an exact answer, it depends on the question. Normally 2 pages or more per long question. I find if you choose the right questions though, like stuff with calculations, you'll end up with more time :)

• Advertisement

Hoho. The bell curve. About 4 people in my class are reckoned to get As according to my teacher. Mainly C/B students are in my class. I'm not basing myself on the class, instead on the national scale. *Benefits of benchmarking here*

In my class of about 30, I'd say 5-10 will get A's, the rest B's and a few C's. Is the bell curve done on your class or is it the national average, because I'm thinking if about 10 people are A standard will they mark a few of them down to B's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How long are the abq answers meant to be? I remember the abq in last years leaving it took me ages on the questions and I had like maybe 2and a half or 3 pages for the abq(I think)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I did an extra question in business and I think I had time left over...but my teacher kinda disapproved of my extra question. I think it helped, I forget my individual results but I did awfully in one. I also should have read over stuff, I made some silly mistakes in wording etc. Still got a B3 but I was honestly expecting a D, I made up the technology stuff and didnt know what EDI even was, I was so vague :pac:

History's the only one I imagine time trouble with. I finished my English P1 and P2 around an hour early? :confused: I wrote tons too and was just a few marks off an A so it wasnt a case of bad answering.

An hour early, and nearly got an A. Respect. How much did you write?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Thank you :cool: My teacher came in and was like WHAT :L I think it was something like
    3 for A part
    3.5 for B part (didnt know it didnt have to be that long!)
    6 for my story (got way less than I expected, apparently missed the purpose)

4 for Larkin
    1 page for unseen poetry (I wrote too little anyway, 13/20)
    3.5 for Hamlet (not enough, we hadnt revised it)
    I wrote something like 7 for comparative I think... :L

21 sounds off though. I really think it was more. Then again some of our exam booklets were JC ones :rolleyes: I know my comparative and poetry like the back of my hand though haha.

I'm just studying English, Maths, Geography and Business up until this day next week from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

My sleeping pattern is so messed up at this time, I don't wanna go to sleep at this time because I know I'll just be studying tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

My whole English paper 1 in the pre was 7 pages. My whole paper 2 was 10 pages.

Efficiency :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I had like the worst dream it was that I missed my business exam I started worrying that I had business today before I remembered it was just a dream.
    Dreams like that are so annoying .

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

How do people throw quotes into english speeches/talks? I want to have 1 or 2 relevant to anything but I can't really see any. Do people just have a whole selection of quotes in their heads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rosualt

I didn't sleep at all last night.
    Actually don't know where the time went :( I was studying Irish poetry and prose, thinking about going to bed soon and then boom, it was morning...
    If I sleep now I'll miss a while day's study :/ redbull anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement